Stage Shows

Oct 9, 2008
Hey i have two stage shows for high schools in oregon on january 9 & 10 each show is for about 900-1000 teens, i do mostly close up shows and have only done 2 stage shows for about 400 people, but these are supposed to be 45 minutes long where my first two were at about 25 minutes. There will be two cameras with live feed projecting me on large screens, making it able to do some close up stuff on stage. This is what i have planned, any tips and advice would be helpful.

Foot ball from note book
Self tying shoe lace with sunglass production
Card sword routine
Exploding lightbulb routine
5 Card mind reading
Bowling ball from breifcase
vanishing kechup bottle
Torn and restored newspaper
Book test
Strait jacket
Snow storm

Thanks,

CM

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
:)

Calen::

Stage shows are wonderful! Especially with two cameras with a live feed, that really opens up your options. Your choices are well thought out, and with your talent (as I have seen from your videos) it seems like it will be a great show!

I have nothing to critizice about your choices of effects, (EDIT: Instead of doing a bowling ball from a briefcase, Andrew Mayne teaches a great bowling ball from brown paper bag that is almost too easy, and soo very clean!!! I think it's on SHOCK FX but don't quote me on that!) but make sure you involve the audience, that is the hardest part of stage shows for me.

Before I go, one last question// Where can you learn the SNOWSTORM?

Best of luck for the show, hope to see a post on how it went!

Happy Holidays ALL,

-Sanj

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY

I have nothing to critizice about your choices of effects, (EDIT: Instead of doing a bowling ball from a briefcase, Andrew Mayne teaches a great bowling ball from brown paper bag that is almost too easy, and soo very clean!!! I think it's on SHOCK FX but don't quote me on that!)

-Sanj

first, good to see Sanj posting again, i haven't seen you in awhile although i may have just been missing you since ive been on and off too. second, you are correct its on Shock F/X and is an amazingly easy method for a great effect.

Oct 9, 2008

Stage shows are wonderful! Especially with two cameras with a live feed, that really opens up your options. Your choices are well thought out, and with your talent (as I have seen from your videos) it seems like it will be a great show!

I have nothing to critizice about your choices of effects, (EDIT: Instead of doing a bowling ball from a briefcase, Andrew Mayne teaches a great bowling ball from brown paper bag that is almost too easy, and soo very clean!!! I think it's on SHOCK FX but don't quote me on that!) but make sure you involve the audience, that is the hardest part of stage shows for me.

Happy Holidays ALL,

-Sanj

I just came up with my own handling and presentation for the snowstorm effect but when you buy the gimmicks it comes with basic instructions.

CM

Oct 9, 2008

Happy Holidays ALL,

-Sanj

I just came up with my own handling and presentation for the snowstorm effect but when you buy the gimmicks it comes with basic instructions.

CM

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
I would avoid doing the same type of effect. Football from notepad and bowling ball. I would stick to football. It's something skool kids can understand better.

Also be careful with the mentalism and mind reading stuff. It can really drag down the energy of a show if not done right.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
He beat me to it...I wouldn't keep the football from notepad and the bowling ball...those are very similar. Do one or the other. Other than that...it looks like a great line up of effects. Good luck and have a blast man.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I'm not quite sure. You have eleven tricks (ten if you take out the bowling ball) in 45 minutes, seems a little rushed to me. You might be ok, I suppose some are quick tricks. Make sure you don't rush them though, build them up. Also, your tricks seem completely unrelated. Why pull a football from a notebook in you don't intend to use either the football or the notebook? What relevance does this have with shoelaces or sunglasses? Make sure you link them well.
Finally, I don't know the Snowstorm trick, but you need something very powerful for your closer. Something that's going to leave them in shellshock. If none of them have died from a heart attack by the end, you're doing something wrong. I mean that completely seriously. Something like mentalism. Say you put in a few tricks that could have a prediction. Play these off without the prediction, for example forcing a card and revealing it (not the best stage trick, I'm sure you could think of a better one but you get the basic idea). Have a box that's been on stage the whole time. At the very end, open it. It has the forced card written on a piece of paper in there, along with the page number from the book test etc. Play it very VERY big indeed.
Just my 3.141592 cents.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Just make sure you perform the mentalism well I suppose. It's a silly thing to say as a piece of advice, but I will say this: Mentalism generally tends to lack the visual moments a card effect might have, so do play it big, let them see the mentalism. If you could actually perform mindreading, how would you do it? I don't want an answer, there's no right answer - but, you might say it offhand to surprise someone. You might touch someone on the wrist. You might stare into someone's eyes. You might close yours. Bizzaro and Randomwrath have given some great advice :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results