Starting In Flourishing

Jun 2, 2008
Ive been trying to start in flourishing for a while, but I cant find anything that will go from the basics to the advanced stuff. I have got D+M Dangerous and System, Dangerous is good ive learnt one flourish from there which is a quite simple, cant name it right at this seconds cos im not too good with names but its the one where it goes on ure hand, you throw it up onto the pack then do the same thing on a fan.

As for the system, i cant realy learn anything from this, the dvd realy bores me as it is totaly silent thoughout the whole thing.

I want something that actualy talks me through the flourishes and the moves uses rather than just trying to pick it up from watching it in slow motion.. any reccomendations, I will probablu spend up to about £50 if it does what i need it to do.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Well i personally dont have the system but i do know alot about it. I suggest you start with Pasteboard Animations, a little home video that dan and dave made in 2000. It has talking in it, and it teaches some of the easier cuts on the system (genesis, kryptonite, west coast chaos). I also suggest getting the trilogy. Although the whole set if most likely above what you said you would spend on it (sorry i'm not familiar with ur kind of money), you coudl always just buy the Flourishes DVD if ur into that. Its got some very nice flourishes and if you do get that, i suggest you start with the Molecule 4 and then you can go to akira and eko.

Hope that helps =)

Jul 14, 2008
Daniel Madison Dangerous and The System are for immediate cardistry and very hard to follow if you are a beginner. My advice for you: if you have The Trilogy, you can start disc 3 on Flourishes 101. You could learn revolution cut, sybil, and charlier in youtube and it will help you to learn on The System.

D

Deleted member 2755

I've heard this is an amazing book.

I love the EverythingElse disc from the Trilogy. I've learned so much from that disc. It's the most ignored disc from the Trilogy, but it's amazing my opinion. They have a section called Flourishing 101 and they have a ton of classic flourishes on there.

-Doug

Jan 31, 2008

Yeah the "bible" (aka The Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes) IS an AMAZING book, definitely worth checking out and buying, it has TONS of great content, and lots of variety, although that might be a turnoff for some people.... I'd also suggest checking out Handlordz and Superhandz especially the video sections they have some sweet tutorials, and be sure to check out their fourms as well, LOTS of awesome content there (much cooler than they have here

Jan 27, 2008

I love the EverythingElse disc from the Trilogy. I've learned so much from that disc. It's the most ignored disc from the Trilogy, but it's amazing my opinion. They have a section called Flourishing 101 and they have a ton of classic flourishes on there.

-Doug
Doug, I think the reason it's not quite as acclaimed as the other discs is because they seem to 'show' the flourishers more than really teaching them to you.

-Sean

D

Deleted member 2755

Doug, I think the reason it's not quite as acclaimed as the other discs is because they seem to 'show' the flourishers more than really teaching them to you.

-Sean

It's like every other flourish DVD out there. They show the flourish slow several times. It is then up to you to watch it over... and over.... and over... and over again. The Sybil cut was the first "complex" flourish I learned. It took me about 3 hours to get down. However, the feeling of accomplishment never felt so great. I still highly recommend it. I learned a lot from this disc and I'm sure that anyone willing to put the time into it will enjoy it as well.

-Doug

Jan 27, 2008
Yes, if they are a beginner. They seemed to show it almost they same speed they performed it on the flourishes 101 section, in my opinion... lucky I already knew that stuff when I first saw it.

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
I wouldn't recommend Xtreme Beginners to anyone except Xtreme Beginners
What you will learn are charlier ,fans,pointless stuff and syble
I would recommend learning Syble (master it)
Syble is the first thing you need to learn
When you learn Syble Pick up ShowOff or the easier to find Generation Xtreme By Brian Tudor
You will learn All the Original Cuts that have been varied by other flourisher's here
After you master GenX pick up The System (mostly Variations of cuts in GenX)
It will be easy for you to do all the material here.
Then Buy the Trilogy or some DM stuff(Its really easy when you know the material from Tudor and the Bucks)

Jan 31, 2008
I wouldn't recommend Xtreme Beginners to anyone except Xtreme Beginners
What you will learn are charlier ,fans,pointless stuff and syble
I would recommend learning Syble (master it)
Syble is the first thing you need to learn
When you learn Syble Pick up ShowOff or the easier to find Generation Xtreme By Brian Tudor
You will learn All the Original Cuts that have been varied by other flourisher's here
After you master GenX pick up The System (mostly Variations of cuts in GenX)
It will be easy for you to do all the material here.
Then Buy the Trilogy or some DM stuff(Its really easy when you know the material from Tudor and the Bucks)

For such a big fan of Brian Tudor I find it hilarious that you spell sybil wrong.

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
For such a big fan of Brian Tudor I find it hilarious that you spell sybil wrong.

I find it hilarious that the name to his new sybil is "What The Hell Happened to Syble 3"
and you think is sybil.

You really think you know more about Tudor than me
LOL:rolleyes:

Thats how he spells Sybil know so there you go
you failed

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results