Static - Joel Paschall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2008
Well, I can sit here and argue with your for another 6 pages, or I can just have the satisfaction in knowing how wrong you are. It's absolutely amazing to me how you actually think your right about this, and how your points are honestly valid. Well, then again, Hitler thought he was right with his opinion, so people like you don't surprise me that much. If you have anything else to say, can you pm me instead of cluttering the forums even more.
Seriously, don't even make one more post on here about this, just send me a message, if you feel you have to.
I'm glad I don't come on here very often. But when I do, I guess it makes me realize what I truely have at dn.

-Sean Fast

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Well, I can sit here and argue with your for another 6 pages, or I can just have the satisfaction in knowing how wrong you are. It's absolutely amazing to me how you actually think your right about this, and how your points are honestly valid. Well, then again, Hitler thought he was right with his opinion, so people like you don't surprise me that much. If you have anything else to say, can you pm me instead of cluttering the forums even more.
Seriously, don't even make one more post on here about this, just send me a message, if you feel you have to.
I'm glad I don't come on here very often. But when I do, I guess it makes me realize what I truely have at dn.

-Sean Fast

Ahh, you finally admit defeat. I won't PM you, as I don't feel you are worthy of any more conversation. The only thing I can agree with you is- let's get back to the review. No more arguing... for now.

D

Deleted member 2755

Ahh, you finally admit defeat. I won't PM you, as I don't feel you are worthy of any more conversation. The only thing I can agree with you is- let's get back to the review. No more arguing... for now.

Despite the fact that I agree with you Adjones, I don't think saying things like "I don't feel you are worth of any more conversation" is unnecessary. :) People will believe what they want to believe... someone comparing you to Hitler though over magic and flourishing I think is a bit over the top though.:eek:

As Adjones said.... back to the review....

-Doug

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Despite the fact that I agree with you Adjones, I don't think saying things like "I don't feel you are worth of any more conversation" is unnecessary. :) People will believe what they want to believe... someone comparing you to Hitler though over magic and flourishing I think is a bit over the top though.:eek:

Yes, I agree... that was a bit over the top (what I said). I would in fact be more than happy to discuss it more through PM. But I figured since he was resorting to childish remarks about my intelligence, I could throw in one cheap shot. ;)

Jan 27, 2008
Yes, I agree... that was a bit over the top (what I said). I would in fact be more than happy to discuss it more through PM. But I figured since he was resorting to childish remarks about my intelligence, I could throw in one cheap shot. ;)
Do you even know what childish means? I said your intelligence level is low, I didn't call you 'stupid' and spell it wrong.

I think it's hilarious that you still don't get anything, after all this. Saying that I 'admit defeat' is ridiculous. I actually felt like being the more mature person and ending the argument, so think what you want, chief.
Trust me, I have a lot more to say to you but like I said, I don't want to clutter the forums, as much as I dislike this place. And yes, don't worry, I'm not going to posting that much on here anymore.

Oct 6, 2007
Bicyclemagik:

Your main point in this debate is that a flourish that is so 'simple', 'easy', and (jsut for the sake of it) 'NOOB' shouldn't be sold for 5 bucks correct? And your viewpoint is from someone expereinced in flourishing and a 'pro'.

So again, I don't see how this is different at all from magic- Are you saying that a great trick that is simple and easy to figure out by an advanced magician is not worth paying to learn?

Let me give you another example:
A musician plays a piece of music that is easily figured out by other musicians. Are you saying that it's not worth to pay and watch that piece of music if it sounds brilliant?

I know it is hard to relate to these examples, but think about this....

Just because Static, or any other 1-on-1 looks dull, easy, stupid whatever to you doesn't give you the right to go around saying the flourish is dull, easy, stupid, etc. It's your own, subjective opinion!

You can't just go around saying that the flourish is is too ........ for you. Who the hell are you to say that it's not worth buying?

Jan 27, 2008
Bicyclemagik:

Your main point in this debate is that a flourish that is so 'simple', 'easy', and (jsut for the sake of it) 'NOOB' shouldn't be sold for 5 bucks correct? And your viewpoint is from someone expereinced in flourishing and a 'pro'.

So again, I don't see how this is different at all from magic- Are you saying that a great trick that is simple and easy to figure out by an advanced magician is not worth paying to learn?

Let me give you another example:
A musician plays a piece of music that is easily figured out by other musicians. Are you saying that it's not worth to pay and watch that piece of music if it sounds brilliant?

I know it is hard to relate to these examples, but think about this....

Just because Static, or any other 1-on-1 looks dull, easy, stupid whatever to you doesn't give you the right to go around saying the flourish is dull, easy, stupid, etc. It's your own, subjective opinion!

You can't just go around saying that the flourish is is too ........ for you. Who the hell are you to say that it's not worth buying?
Are serious? Who am I to say that? Well, if I'd been doing cardistry for around 2 months, I'd be able to say what I said with confidence, and since I've been doing this for WAY longer, I feel fine.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
The way I see it is that $5 is the bare minimum that they could charge for this. It could be free I suppose but the real question is how many people would buy if for $1, $2, $3, $4, $5, or $6. I assume that the $5 price point is the best in terms of profitability to the company. Theory 11 is a company as well as a community. They offer free web hosting for video's free forum's. These things are not free They are costing someone (JB) money. The idea of a company is to make money they (T11) offers us all these things at a cost to themselves. Someone pays for other fourm's as well, however members will often donate money to the site to keep it operational. I see these 1on1's in a similar light, I will not buy everyone of them but if I see something I like I will happily give the $5 or so just to learn the effect because it will help the group. I understand that it will also help JB and Joel aswell because they are the ones who are making money from it. However, Joel could have kept believe to himself, Wayne could have kept control to himself etc. They choose to sell these effects at a very reasonable price knowing that most people will take them seriously however a few people will butcher them, or worse make a terrible 3 minute youtube explanation.

It will be very interesting to see what happens with the clipshift if it really is going to cost $50. That is a move that is created amazing hype ever since trilogy. Granted the hype is warranted as it looks amazing and has been shown in real world environments. But I believe that at that price point people will seriously respect the move. Back to the original topic, yes the cut is not that special (in my eyes). Is it worth $5 probably, would quantity sold match the loss if it was made cheaper, probably not. Essentially it all comes down to supply and demand and at $5 I think it is a very good mid point.

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to chime in and say this thread has gotten out of hand and I'm going to close it shortly.

We welcome the feedback and opinions both positive and negative, but this must be done in a respectful, professional, constructive manner in order to keep focus on moving things forward, advancing the art, and - even when we disagree - working together.

So, if you have any questions or concerns contact me directly or any other mod, or staff member.

Cheers,
-RA69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results