Steve Reynolds Lecture

Jun 1, 2009
Last night I had the great pleasure of watching Steve Reynolds lecture at my magic ring, and it was amazing! Steve's focus is "subtlety trumps sleights" (which he wrote when he signed my copy of his book, route 52). His effects always take the audiences perception into perspective, and then manipulates it to get the strongest effect possible. Although he still does use moves, they are motivated and so natural it doesn't even seem like you are doing moves.

He was selling his book route 52, his DVD seek 52, and another DVD entitled The Monk's Way that talks a lot about theory and audience psychology behind effects. Needless to say I got all 3, so I have quite a lot to work with now haha.

If you ever get the chance to see Steve lecture, definitely go for it. He's a funny guy with a lot of great insight behind effects to make them seem the most magical.

Jun 1, 2009
He's learned from a lot of the greats, and guys like Jason England and Bill Malone really praise him, definitely worth looking into!

Nov 29, 2008
Steve Reynolds is the man. He has a very classical style, in terms of effect themes at least. If you aren't into that, his techniques are still top notch. He released few good things on TRCKY.com, and his work on the Zarrow shuffle is some of the best around, IMHO.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results