Stigmata: Should I get it?

Jan 5, 2008
Drury Lane
Alright. I've been watching these teaser clips long enough.
I've been reading reviews, and most of them either don't have enough information, or are biased on their love of Wayne. [WOOT]

Can someone please post a link of a full review?
I need these questions answered.

1. Is it literally impromptu? Like FULLY? As if you can go up to anyone at any time, and just do it? Or do you need a few seconds of setup?

2. Is it safe? [ I was reading a few tips for Stigmata, and someone warned everyone not to do Stigmata in the bathroom or when you're camping, which kinda confuzzled me. ]

3. In your opinion, would you rather get Stigmata or Control? What's your style of performing? Your routine? (Someone actually told my teachers I'm good with magic, and now they're challenging me to do a trick. I'd really like to do DejaVu from theTrilogy, then go on to Stigmata.)

Thanks in advance!

mm~

I don't have it but I have heard a ton of things about it, and it sounds incredible.
People have said it's a great effects with amazing reactions. Search around and I'm sure you'll find some nice reviews.

Michael

Sep 1, 2007
If you do stigmata too much, fur will grow on your hands.

No, just kidding. I got it as a gift, so it was easily worth the price. Really is impromptu. You can do it with cards, so in that case you'll need some cards. nice effect, good buy, tres tres powerful.

Alright. I've been watching these teaser clips long enough.
I've been reading reviews, and most of them either don't have enough information, or are biased on their love of Wayne. [WOOT]

Can someone please post a link of a full review?
I need these questions answered.

1. Is it literally impromptu? Like FULLY? As if you can go up to anyone at any time, and just do it? Or do you need a few seconds of setup?

2. Is it safe? [ I was reading a few tips for Stigmata, and someone warned everyone not to do Stigmata in the bathroom or when you're camping, which kinda confuzzled me. ]

3. In your opinion, would you rather get Stigmata or Control? What's your style of performing? Your routine? (Someone actually told my teachers I'm good with magic, and now they're challenging me to do a trick. I'd really like to do DejaVu from theTrilogy, then go on to Stigmata.)

Thanks in advance!

mm~
I will try to answer your questions as best as Ican.

This effect IS impromptu provided you have a deck of cards and/or a business card. For the 3rd version you can do it with ANY single digit number. Yes, Stigmata is safe. Ellusionist wouldn't market anything that would be of any danger to its customers. IE. Warning was pulled due to health concerns. I would have to pick both! They are both such powerful effects and can be used in conjunction with each other! I perform the effect here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J9ZHX64yxg

I would also recommend that you read this in depth review:

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=362

I hope I helped!

Mitchell

Oct 17, 2007
answers

1. yes its a great impromptu trick.. there are 3 versions of the trick. first with cards, 2nd with a calling card of the spectator.. and the last with nothing but pure guts.. :)

2. its 200% safe! i think the thing with bathrooms and camping sites, they do not provide good lighting.. Bathrooms?? why the F%@k are you going to perform there?.. dude do something else!

3. Stigmata by far is the best close up trick that i have.. but control is very promising.. my advise is to get both.. use them side by side. my routine usually starts with a simple mentalism effect then stigmata..

Practice.. practice.. perform.. practice.. practice.. perform
then practice..... :)

Jan 5, 2008
Drury Lane
1. yes its a great impromptu trick.. there are 3 versions of the trick. first with cards, 2nd with a calling card of the spectator.. and the last with nothing but pure guts.. :)

2. its 200% safe! i think the thing with bathrooms and camping sites, they do not provide good lighting.. Bathrooms?? why the F%@k are you going to perform there?.. dude do something else!

3. Stigmata by far is the best close up trick that i have.. but control is very promising.. my advise is to get both.. use them side by side. my routine usually starts with a simple mentalism effect then stigmata..

Practice.. practice.. perform.. practice.. practice.. perform
then practice..... :)

I thought the trick was amazing enough, but to be able to know a random person's initials would just blow them away.
And I'll try to fit in something with the mentalism theme.

Jan 5, 2008
Drury Lane
I will try to answer your questions as best as Ican.

This effect IS impromptu provided you have a deck of cards and/or a business card. For the 3rd version you can do it with ANY single digit number. Yes, Stigmata is safe. Ellusionist wouldn't market anything that would be of any danger to its customers. IE. Warning was pulled due to health concerns. I would have to pick both! They are both such powerful effects and can be used in conjunction with each other! I perform the effect here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J9ZHX64yxg

I would also recommend that you read this in depth review:

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=362

I hope I helped!

Mitchell

Now that the impromptu question's cleared up, I can move on to the next ones.
And thanks for the link! Really needed it.

Thanks again for the video. I've never really seen a full performance of Stigmata.

Jan 5, 2008
Drury Lane
If you do stigmata too much, fur will grow on your hands.

No, just kidding. I got it as a gift, so it was easily worth the price. Really is impromptu. You can do it with cards, so in that case you'll need some cards. nice effect, good buy, tres tres powerful.

ROFL It's pretty sad that I actually believed fur would grow on my hands for a second.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results