Stomp - Adam Rose

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I'd like to start by saying that Adam Rose is a good friend of mine, and we both absolutely love this effect. Originally, I had been working on another effect, getting some help from Justin Miller and Adam. Consequently, the method to this card to shoe was born. Since then, Adam and I worked to figure out what works, what doesn't. We have both performed this effect countless times and are extremely pleased to bring you..

Stomp by Adam Rose

The method to this, straight up, is devious and the spectators NEVER see you go anywhere near your shoes.

Personally, this is one of my go-to effects. If you have a pack of cards and a marker, you're good to go.

There is one thing I love about this effect more than anything - for a card trick, it plays HUGE! Imagine the ways you could go with this...you could have four or five people help spread the cards around (the more participation, the more I like performing it) you could make a huge deal of stepping on the cards too. You could run in circles around all the spread out cards before jumping on them! Please, though, if you do this...justify why you are doing it. Otherwise, you'll look like a mad man. You could make a huge flying leap onto the cards! My favorite presentation for it, however is a bit different than "sleight of foot." I didn't do my normal presentation in the promo video, and I'm glad I didn't - I really like it and it isn't something I want to openly share. This, however, is why I like the effect SO much. You are a million miles ahead of the spectator - the trick is over before it even starts and that gives you a massive amount of opportunity to make it as engaging and as entertaining as possible with YOU and YOUR presentation!

As of the actual video itself, I haven't seen it yet but it IS Ellusionist so I'm sure it is of great quality and I know that Adam taught the trick really well!

One last note, there is a bit of a shoe requirement but not much. There is a very WIDE array of shoes that WILL work. Nothing to fret over!

For those looking into this effect, I strongly recommend it, and for those who have it I hope you thoroughly enjoy it as much as I do!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results