Street Card Magic

Jul 27, 2009
Hi everyone. So, i wanna ask you some help. Please tell me 7 Best tricks to street magic, in your opinion, to buy/get for free (better with cards, but not only). Do the list trimly if you can.
THANKS A LOT.
P.S. Sorry for a bad english (maybe you got it xD)

in no particular order:
-stigmata: wayne houchin
-thread: wayne houchin
-indecent: wayne houchin
-pressure: dan white and danny garcia
-blind: daniel madison
-any card routine with color changes
-any card through window

but, whatever street magic YOU like is the best for YOU. i probably have a completely different style in magic, as does just about everyone.

May 3, 2008
Well I try to stick to impromptu card effect when performing street magic so 4 that ABSOLUTELY kill are:

-Pressure by Dan White and Daniel Garcia

-Stigmata by Wayne Houchin

-The Biddle Trick by Elmer Biddle
(Half of this trick is the way you present it. Otherwise it can be just "okay."

-5 Speed by Chris Kenner
(This isn't COMPLETELY impromptu but it basically is in my book.)

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Hi everyone. So, i wanna ask you some help. Please tell me 7 Best tricks to street magic, in your opinion, to buy/get for free (better with cards, but not only). Do the list trimly if you can.
THANKS A LOT.
P.S. Sorry for a bad english (maybe you got it xD)

Before that I would like to know your reasons to learn magic.

If you just want to learn something"cool" to show your friends and attract attention, in the long run most things would be a waste of money ;) if you know what Im talking about.

Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
in no particular order:
-any card through window

but, whatever street magic YOU like is the best for YOU. i probably have a completely different style in magic, as does just about everyone.

To me I won't use blind for street magic. 2CM is pretty sweet try that instead.

Feb 28, 2008
Richard Sanders' "Tagged" and "Identity" are real killer effects. People are just floored by them.

But other than that, I'd say you just need to have a good ACR, transpo, and anything else that's really interactive for your spectators.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I'm going to keep posting this in every single thread of this type I find. Though I haven't posted this for a while.

I posted this before, and it's always the same.

Here's an idea. Look for them yourself, find the ones that work for yourself, and make them "hard hitting"! In all honestly, looking for the shortcut by asking for "best of" effects isn't gonna do you any favours, and 95% of the time will not get you the most hard-hitting effects you can perform. That's right, asking for good tricks will actually, the majority of the time, get you tricks that, when performed by you, will be second rate and extremely common. So you'll be performing the same old stuff and probably not as well as you could be.

Rather than ask "Where can I find the best effect", ask "Where can I find effects (possibly of x plot or from x magician)", go out, look through everything, and find what works for you. You want average material, ask for "good" DVDs. And if you're satisfied with decent, go ahead. Some people are happy with being decent, and that's fine. But if you want to be better than that, with the best material and the highest possible impact? You'll have to work harder than that.

The main reason for this is that the strongest effect in my arsenal, in all honestly, would probably not work at all for you. This is due to many reasons - personality, presentation, and just the effect in general. Many, many people for example list Stigmata as their strongest effect, and many people buy it. You wanna know the truth, 95% of people's presentation of Stigmata is ****. Stigmata could be so, so much more. I'd bet my money that half the people who've said Stigmata in this thread can't present it to save their lives, and could easily improve their own performances. But no, they rely on the effect, rather than relying on themselves as a performer, and this separates the chaff from the wheat.

If you really want strong effects, you need to tell us what you're interested in, specifically, a plot or an author. Then you need to go look at everything by that author or on that plot, and decide what works for you, use that knowledge to mix the effects together, and base a presentation on what appeals to you, not what appeals to us. My favourite effect happens to be Zamiel's Rose, and yet I barely know anyone who has the personality to pull it off, so I never suggest it, it would be a travesty, the epitome of ruining magic. I mean what do you want me to say - follow your instructions exactly, and give you an effect that won't suit you and you won't be able to make the most of? I'd rather say this, the truth.

This is not to say we (or I) don't want to help. This is to say, rather, that it should be the right help, if you really want the best magic.

Go buy a book or something, that's where the good stuff is.

Jul 27, 2009
I'm going to keep posting this in every single thread of this type I find. Though I haven't posted this for a while.

I posted this before, and it's always the same.

Here's an idea. Look for them yourself, find the ones that work for yourself, and make them "hard hitting"! In all honestly, looking for the shortcut by asking for "best of" effects isn't gonna do you any favours, and 95% of the time will not get you the most hard-hitting effects you can perform. That's right, asking for good tricks will actually, the majority of the time, get you tricks that, when performed by you, will be second rate and extremely common. So you'll be performing the same old stuff and probably not as well as you could be.

Rather than ask "Where can I find the best effect", ask "Where can I find effects (possibly of x plot or from x magician)", go out, look through everything, and find what works for you. You want average material, ask for "good" DVDs. And if you're satisfied with decent, go ahead. Some people are happy with being decent, and that's fine. But if you want to be better than that, with the best material and the highest possible impact? You'll have to work harder than that.

The main reason for this is that the strongest effect in my arsenal, in all honestly, would probably not work at all for you. This is due to many reasons - personality, presentation, and just the effect in general. Many, many people for example list Stigmata as their strongest effect, and many people buy it. You wanna know the truth, 95% of people's presentation of Stigmata is ****. Stigmata could be so, so much more. I'd bet my money that half the people who've said Stigmata in this thread can't present it to save their lives, and could easily improve their own performances. But no, they rely on the effect, rather than relying on themselves as a performer, and this separates the chaff from the wheat.

If you really want strong effects, you need to tell us what you're interested in, specifically, a plot or an author. Then you need to go look at everything by that author or on that plot, and decide what works for you, use that knowledge to mix the effects together, and base a presentation on what appeals to you, not what appeals to us. My favourite effect happens to be Zamiel's Rose, and yet I barely know anyone who has the personality to pull it off, so I never suggest it, it would be a travesty, the epitome of ruining magic. I mean what do you want me to say - follow your instructions exactly, and give you an effect that won't suit you and you won't be able to make the most of? I'd rather say this, the truth.

This is not to say we (or I) don't want to help. This is to say, rather, that it should be the right help, if you really want the best magic.

Go buy a book or something, that's where the good stuff is.
Thanks for this post. I will try to do what you said. :]
P.S. Thanks to other ppl too, you rocks :p

in no particular order:
-any card through window

Some good original material there, makes you really stand out from the crowd...:rolleyes:

-witness Daniel Garcia followed by indecent W.H
-thread W.H followed by wounded R.Smith
-Kaos D.G
-Laced Dan Hauss
-Tagged R. Sanders
-Pressure Dan White and D.G
-Glass Adam Grace
-Frozen Adam Grace
-Digital Conviction R. Smith

just buy 'em and you gonna love 'em

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 13, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Tagged by Rich Ferguson is a great effect because it gets into a spectators personal space
Any Card to Wallet or Card to Pocket for the same reason
The Biddle Trick again for the same reason
Thread by Wayne Houchin is easy, disturbing, and powerful
Hand to Mouth
Almost any transpo, but if you can give a spectator one card, it is 100 times better (like Wayne Houchin's French Kiss) also because it gets into a spectators personal space
Any visual card change
ALSO THESE ARE WORTH CHECKING OUT
Five Speed by Chris Kenner
Sloppy Shuffle Triumph by Chris Kenner
Shifty by Chris Kenner
Any Torn and Restored card
Tagged by Richard Sanders
Identity by Richard Sanders
Any Bill Switch
Ambitious Card Routine
Any Card Through Window
Panic by Aaron Fisher is great
Witness by Lee Asher followed by Indecent by Wayne Houchin
Stigmata by Wayne Houchin
Fallen by Daniel Garcia
also, for a bundle of great streat card tricks, get Ultragaff
there are countless others, do what you like

Jan 10, 2008
I've performed cards on the street a whole bunch of times in my 4 years of practice. I'll try to name 7 for you.

1. Sleeve Aces by Al Leech
2. Twisting the Aces
3. Doc Daley's Last Trick
4. Two Card Monte
5. a nice short presentation of Ambitious Card
6. Mixed Symbols by Jim Sisti
7. Stigmata by Wayne Houchin

Oct 23, 2007
hey moonchild, witness, if im not mistaken is by Lee Asher man,

if u want street card magic, well, here are my favourite few effects i usually perform for randoms when walking around aimlessly on campus (not in order)

2 card monte - do not undermine the power of 2CM
biddle trick
here then there/french kiss by wayne houchin
crossroads by ben harris (not much setup involved)
twisting the aces by Dai Vernon, followed by reset(Paul harris) and followed by reswinddled (found on True Astonishments)
impromptu version of invisible deck (Jay sankey)
card to mouth

May 29, 2009
FOr me, i perform for friends, family memebers or relatives. I rarely perform for strangers, unless is my friend friends. Anyway, here are some effect which i will usually perform.

Card in hand follow by Vernon out of sight.
Here then there(one of my favourite effect)
ACR routine
Invisible deck( if i am carrying it along)
Moving pips( bicycle gaff deck by E), and some other gaff effects which i will be using, lazy to list them down.

There are no best effect or best trick which you can find, i mean all of the effects are great ONLY you know how to present it well. A simple classic force can even freak your spec out if you know how to present it well. Find some effects which you really like and you think that it suits you best and if you are really serious about learning magic, fork out some $$$ to purchase DVD or books cos the best effects and the best teachings come from DVD and books.

Oct 23, 2007
FOr me, i perform for friends, family memebers or relatives. I rarely perform for strangers, unless is my friend friends. Anyway, here are some effect which i will usually perform.

Card in hand follow by Vernon out of sight.
Here then there(one of my favourite effect)
ACR routine
Invisible deck( if i am carrying it along)
Moving pips( bicycle gaff deck by E), and some other gaff effects which i will be using, lazy to list them down.

There are no best effect or best trick which you can find, i mean all of the effects are great ONLY you know how to present it well. A simple classic force can even freak your spec out if you know how to present it well. Find some effects which you really like and you think that it suits you best and if you are really serious about learning magic, fork out some $$$ to purchase DVD or books cos the best effects and the best teachings come from DVD and books.
agreed man,
its all down to the performer themselves to sell the effect , be it whatever effect u perform

Aug 18, 2008
I am stunned by how unoriginal everyone appears to be. Just because everyone performs a trick, doesnt mean you should. Stand out, be different, otherwise no one will ever remember your name

Blind - Daniel Madison
Timeline 2.0 - Daniel Garcia
Try out - The best card trick in the world - (insane reactions for me)
2CM
Any Colour Change
Lapse - Daniel Madison
44? - Daniel Garcia
Card to pocket - deck to pocket routine
Ambitious Card
Pixel - David Jade

I would put a hault their which should usually last about 6-7 mins of good quality card tricks, that should keep your audience reacting.

A great way to end the Ambitious card routine is stick pixel in for the last phase.. it works well.

Nik.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I am stunned by how unoriginal everyone appears to be. Just because everyone performs a trick, doesnt mean you should. Stand out, be different, otherwise no one will ever remember your name

Normally id agree with you,but doing the same trick doesnt make it the same experience or same presentation.
But with this lot,I dont expect much.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results