Street Magic: Your Favourite Effects

Aug 31, 2014
Sweden
I was wondering what your three favourite card tricks were. Which effects spring to mind immediately when asked to perform? They could be gimmicked, with gaffs such as double-backers, or they could be impromptu. I have amassed such a big collection of tricks that I cannot decide which ones to show to live audiences. I appreciate your help, and look forward to reading your replies.

Cheers

Tam

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2013
South Africa
My personal preference is, upon being asked to perform an effect, is a simple control and erdnase change to test the audiences reception, if it bodes well then I move into some more sleight heavy or gimmick heavy effects.

Dec 9, 2014
Tjena mina är la typ Temprature, Two card monté, hand sandwich, 4 ace production, och någon typ av mentalism

Dec 5, 2014
Dunno that it has a name, but I'll usually open up with an effect where you have a force deck (all cards are the same value) with one different card in the deck and the card they pick just happens to be the only card in the deck that's different. (it's gotten me great reactions so far, so I'm gonna keep using it)

Depends on how they react to that opener as to what I do next...if anything.

Aug 31, 2014
Sweden
Dunno that it has a name, but I'll usually open up with an effect where you have a force deck (all cards are the same value) with one different card in the deck and the card they pick just happens to be the only card in the deck that's different. (it's gotten me great reactions so far, so I'm gonna keep using it)

Depends on how they react to that opener as to what I do next...if anything.

That's a good idea! I think it's called a One Way Force Deck. I don't own one myself, but I can see the attraction.

Aug 31, 2014
Sweden
So by the way what are youre top 10 card magic goto effects?

As I said, I know so many effects that I can't decide! I normally do some Triumph-style effects, In-The(ir)-Hands colour changes, stuff like that. I love Daniel Madison's Blind Snap! I also do things with their own objects. Sometimes I'll mix in something more sleight-heavy. I've been doing this for 6-7 years, but I'll happily take tips from you guys! Any effects that work really well with all spectators? I know that everyone loves ACRs; who has the best version, in your opinion?

Dec 9, 2014
I like my own acr routine where i end up in a triumph effect. Btw so could u name some rally good card tricks with out setup and gimmicks. Could be self working or impromptu. Thanks

Aug 31, 2014
Sweden
I like my own acr routine where i end up in a triumph effect. Btw so could u name some rally good card tricks with out setup and gimmicks. Could be self working or impromptu. Thanks

Well, I'm no expert. If I could then I would let you check out my collection! If you want good material then check out Daniel Madison's Anthology. You seem to have a very good list of effects, so I would just stick to the ones that you like! Sandwich effects, ACAANs, Adam Wilber's Backup Plan and Ollie Mealing's CTP are awesome, too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 17, 2013
The Biddle trick is a great trick if you put your own spin to it and make it fit to your performance style. Two card monte is also good and so is something quick like Commercial by Dan and Dave.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results