Stripper Deck?

Oct 12, 2016
Utah
I've never used a stripper deck, and now I'm getting to the point where I can do most of the basic effects through sleight of hand, but I've been considering picking one up to play around with, it seems like there are some really cool things you can do if you're smart with them. The problem is, I've seen a lot of bad reviews for the Bicycle stripper decks that are out there. I prefer using Bicycle Rider Backs because they're inconspicuous. My main question is, where should I look for a good professionally made stripper deck? I don't want to try to sand my own, especially not before ever using one myself.

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
I have two stripper decks. One I haven't opened but the other one is fantastic and I can highly recommend them. I got mine from the Magic warehouse but any dealer should have what you're looking for. Consider getting Daryl's DVD on Stripper decks as well because he teaches you how to use the deck to its full potential.

Reactions: Lindel
Oct 12, 2016
Utah
Is Magic Warehouse reliable, then? I might just order some double facers and blank cards while I'm at it, I've been meaning to get those as well just for fun. Thanks!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I don't like a lot of Magic Makers products, but they do have a Factory Sealed Stripper Deck that is actually cut at the factory and sealed in plastic. Check it out at MJM Magic

Oct 12, 2016
Utah
Those are different from the Magic Makers Stripper decks they sell on Amazon? Their products on Amazon are usually rather poorly reviewed, especially their Stripper Decks. Would you recommend the deck MJM over Magic Wearhouse's equivalent? I'm not familiar with either site. Magic Wearhouse's is cheaper, but that's not necessarily a good sign.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Those are different from the Magic Makers Stripper decks they sell on Amazon? Their products on Amazon are usually rather poorly reviewed, especially their Stripper Decks. Would you recommend the deck MJM over Magic Wearhouse's equivalent? I'm not familiar with either site. Magic Wearhouse's is cheaper, but that's not necessarily a good sign.

The problems with the Amazon is that the sellers were not selling what is listed. The Magic Makers deck is factory cut, sealed and has a sticker on it. It also comes with a R/R and R/B (or B/B and B/R) double backer. That is what you will get from MJM but based on the reviews, NOT what the various companies on Amazon are shipping (which sound like post factory cut decks or regular decks?) The Magic Warehouse one is by Daryl. That is similar to the Hampton Ridge decks that Penguin and MJM carry. Those decks are cut after the cards were printed. I've worked with decks like that and they work fine. I prefer the Magic Makers because the cut on the sides is cleaner.

Reactions: Lindel
Jan 9, 2017
I bought about 5 of them at a local shop and noticed they had white flap sealers, which I hadn't seen before. But I noticed with the cards themselves that there was a sticky feel along the long edges of the deck. They had to be 'worked in' with vigorous use for about 15 minutes. They appear ok now, the ones I've opened.

I mainly used them for the appearing card box effect. It's the easiest and most natural way to control a card to the top or bottom.
But if you do that effect frequently you end up with several incomplete stripper decks.

But I can think of other cool effects with handkerchiefs that are made smoother with stripped cards.

But I've never ordered them online. I also have a stripper deck from Chris Angel which seems pretty decent with a more macabre design. They handle decently but definitely a different stock.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results