Styles of Flourishing

May 9, 2008
It is safe to assume the team grouped it into Cardistry as it is a very "flourishy" color change, perhaps it can go either way.

Personally, I don't classify moves into magic or cardistry. Moves are moves, it is the way they are presented and used within the routine that gives the context of its entirety.

For example... if I were doing a Cardistry performance which focuses on the NON magical manipulation of playing cards, I can do something as ridiculously "magical" as the "Two Card Monte" and if I presented it in a sleight of hand fashion as opposed to the inexplicable nature of changing cards, coupled with a few card stunts (springs, arm-spreads etc.), then I would consider that a Cardistry routine due to the fact that the presentation focuses more on skill as opposed to magic. This is an example of how magic can be used to accent Cardistry. This is why I tend to care less about grouping moves into cardistry or magic until I see them put in context. Effectively, one can indeed utilize color changes and/or magic effects such as Tom Isaacson's Prophet for example if explained/presented right. (Hands are quicker than the eye etc.)

One does not necessarily have to use magic to accent Cardistry - the routine can be pure without any sort of magic accent and is personally my favorite way of presenting a Cardistry act.

-Andrei Jikh

Thank you for that clarification. That makes perfect sense. I didn't think about it that way.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results