Sudden Deck 3 or Pure Smoke

Jul 29, 2012
UK
Hi guys this is a matter of urgency and i need your help,
so I was thinking of buying sudden deck 3 but now I am torn between that and pure smoke so what should i buy?

May 9, 2012
New York
wow thats tough. on one hand sudden deck 3 is a great opener. but pure smoke is really versatile. i would have to go with pure smoke. you can make any trick look incredibly dramatic. and flourishing will look like wizardry. i feel that sudden deck is too constricting because it's only one trick. pure smoke can be applied to anything.

May 21, 2011
Bedford, England
This decision is all about what you feel is needed in your show/act. Are you looking for a new opener? If so, go for SD3. Are you looking for something to enhance your magic? If so, go for Pure Smoke. It's difficult because they're two completely different tricks with different purposes, so it all comes down to what you feel your show/act needs.

But if I had a gun pointing to my head saying i can only have one out of the two, I would say Pure Smoke.

If you plan to go for Pure Smoke, I would recommend picking up Gregory Wilson's DVD "Pure Smoke Masterclass" (or something like that) at Ellusionist. On that DVD, you will find tons of great effects using the Pure Smoke device, some of which were performed by Dynamo on his TV show.

Hope that helps.

Oct 23, 2011
i heard sudden deck 3 have some angle issues that's tough to deal with . i'll go with pure smoke if i were you .

Aug 8, 2012
Montreal
Try asking yourself a different question: what is the result/plan. Do you want another illusion, or do you want to add an accent to your current repertoire?

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
With sudden deck you will actually have a trick to do after you get it. With Pure Smoke you will have a good tool but the effects wont be laid out for you as well.

I don't love sudden deck, I prefer Marcus Eddie's "empty". It does play for a smaller crowd though. If I were you and were looking for a random trick to do I wouldn't get either of what you said.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results