Suggested material on Slydini?

Oct 26, 2013
I've been doing some coin magic for a couple months now, and I really like Slydini's coin magic. I was wondering what should a novice like me acquire to learn more about Slydini's coin magic. I watch videos of him on youtube and did a bit of research on some books, but I want to make a good investment since I have a limited amount of money. I came across these books:

1)
Annoted magic of Slydini
http://www.amazon.com/annotated-mag...80882&sr=8-3&keywords=slydini+annotated+magic

2) Best of Slydini

http://www.amazon.com/The-Best-Slyd...581265&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=besto+of+slydini

Is there any DVD's or book I should get out there? My main focus is just the coin routine in his techniques of patter and misdirection.

I would appreciate if any you could point me to an initial direction thanks.

Sep 2, 2007
London
I would start with The Annotated Magic of Slydini. There are two different versions (three if you count the original non-annotated one), so be careful, though. The one you want is the 2001 L&L republishing which has Slydini's notes as dictated to Gene Matsuura. A cursory Googling reveals it's available at most reputable magic dealers. Unless you absolutely know what you're getting, I wouldn't buy second-hand magic books via Amazon as you may end up with not quite the edition you were hoping for.

DVD-wise, the two-disc set As I Recall is great. I think it really helps with getting into the mindset of Slydini, how he worked with his students and, therefore, the kind of thing you should be paying attention to when you watch his performances and analyse your own. I think it's definitely helpful to have a visual reference for how he used his timing and movements.

If cash is limited, I'd recommend moving onto Encores, the Fulves books (The Best of Slydini and The Magical World of Slydini) and other works by Slydini's students only after studying these first two resources.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results