T-shirt "Wanna See A Card Trick?"

Sep 1, 2007
Houston TX
http://www.zazzle.com/JCwebs09/product/235908184478598883

hey guys
this is a really cool shirt that i created for magicians (including myself).
It is a cool way to show magic to people without even asking them

i love wearing it because people get a kick out of it if they know you

i just got the shirt and it is very high quality, bold colors, and very sharp details.

you can use the back of the shirt as sort of a gag (force that card and have fun)

im not going to rate this since it is my own item i created,
but i thought i would share it and see if other people will enjoy wearing it

thanks

Dec 6, 2007
Knoxville, TN
$21 is way to expensive.
This hardly qualifies as your own design. Fancy typed out script with a scanned image of a card.
bicycle could sue you for violating their copyright laws.

Sorry for the honesty, but that's how it rolls sometimes.

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
$21 is way to expensive.
This hardly qualifies as your own design. Fancy typed out script with a scanned image of a card.

Yeah but that Queen of Hearts is on any playing card, not just Bicycle, so I don't think they could sue him. It's like me copyrighting a word.

Feb 17, 2008
K-W, ON, Canada
Yeah but that Queen of Hearts is on any playing card, not just Bicycle, so I don't think they could sue him. It's like me copyrighting a word.

No, it's not on "any" card. The design is owned by whatever company made the card he scanned in. It's art, and someone took their time to create it. People complain about magic effects being ripped and credit not being given - this is the same thing, except someone's trying to make a profit off it.

D

Deleted member 2755

No, it's not on "any" card. The design is owned by whatever company made the card he scanned in. It's art, and someone took their time to create it. People complain about magic effects being ripped and credit not being given - this is the same thing, except someone's trying to make a profit off it.

The poster of this thread is not profiting from this... I'm friends with him... it's just a site where you design your own shirts and buy them. So the site is not trying to do anything illegal, and I doubt my friend is either.

Guys lighten up, it's just a cool looking shirt.:rolleyes: However yes it is illegal... hard to believe, but look at the flap of your card box. ;)
"We claim exclusive trade mark rights in Ace of Spades, Joker, name number, back design, case design and name of finish used on our various cards." (Don't ask me why, but Guardians don't have this... Not sure about Centurions, so look at any other box.)

Now... that means any standard deck of cards is illegal to make because all cards are copyrighted by the USPCC.:rolleyes: However, take our your Studs, none of the hearts, diamonds, spades, or clubs are in the exact shape.... so if sued they could say "Oh... this isn't a diamonds. It's a square on it's side with curvy edges."

Man, I thought that this thread would get good reactions. I like the shirt a lot and I'll probably order one in a few weeks.

-Doug

EDIT: I just realized.... considering that is a scan of the queens of hearts from a deck of Guardians... and the box has no copyright writing on it... maybe you could get away with it. Haha! :D

D

Deleted member 2755

$21 is way to expensive.

Hard to believe, but some people are willing to pay for a shirt that people say is too thin, rips easily, just has fancy text on them, and is 20 bucks. Go to the gear section of Theory 11 and you'll see what I mean. I still might buy one though because people say they would be very comfortable in the summer.:)

-Doug

Aos

Mar 6, 2008
its a cool idea
i dont like the design at all though
t11 should make a "want to see a card trick?" shirt
or
"want to see me fondle my cards for a bit?" shirt for the flourishers out there

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
Really?
Who-ever thinks that eh Queen is Copyrighted you are and idiot.

Go open up your nearest deck of cards.
Read what the flap says...it says that the Names, Numbers, Back Designs, Case Designs, and the Ace of Spades are trademarked.

It says nothing about the faces...
You know why?

BECAUSE THEY ARE UNIVERSAL!
They are there for use on any deck that wants them!

-Brad

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
Hard to believe, but some people are willing to pay for a shirt that people say is too thin, rips easily, just has fancy text on them, and is 20 bucks. Go to the gear section of Theory 11 and you'll see what I mean. I still might buy one though because people say they would be very comfortable in the summer.:)

-Doug

Yes the shirts are thin...but very nice.
Especially when you're at the beach.

-Brad

D

Deleted member 2755

Really?

Read what the flap says...it says that the Names, Numbers, Back Designs, Case Designs, and the Ace of Spades are trademarked.

You know why?

-Brad

"We claim exclusive trade mark rights in Ace of Spades, Joker, number, back design, case design, and name of finish used on our various playing cards." Isn't the joker considered universal? Yet I see that on almost every deck. Also, what's the number portion for? Does that mean that all the number cards are trademarked? You may be right on the face cards because I thought it said face cards.... but are they trademarking the numbers 1-10 on all cards? :)

Whatever who cares.... this thread is about a shirt... it's just a nice shirt, I don't wanna get into an argument on the legalities of this shirt... It's just something that looks nice. If this gets anymore out of hand which it shouldn't then mods, please close this...

-Doug

-Doug

Sep 2, 2007
"We claim exclusive trade mark rights in Ace of Spades, Joker, number, back design, case design, and name of finish used on our various playing cards." Isn't the joker considered universal? Yet I see that on almost every deck. Also, what's the number portion for? Does that mean that all the number cards are trademarked? You may be right on the face cards because I thought it said face cards.... but are they trademarking the numbers 1-10 on all cards? :)

Whatever who cares.... this thread is about a shirt... it's just a nice shirt, I don't wanna get into an argument on the legalities of this shirt... It's just something that looks nice. If this gets anymore out of hand which it shouldn't then mods, please close this...

-Doug

-Doug

They m,ean the 808. The brand number. Also, The Jokers aren't universal. They're different in all decks. the joker that is in the Rider back bards are different than Tolly's or Bees.

Sep 1, 2007
Houston TX
hey guys
this is a very interesting sort of "debate"

i just want to clarify why i posted this
  • I made this shirt for myself
  • I was posting this just for other people to get if they want it (not to criticize the design)
  • and lastly there is no copy right on the face design (it has been around for a long time)

you guys don't have to be so mean here
and theory11 loves creativity so i was just showing my creativity.

and yes i understand it is not the greatest shirt you have ever seen. I wanted it to be simple and to the point.

And lastly the quality of the shirt is really really good.
it is professionally printed, very comfortable cotton shirt, and a decent color that goes with most of MY clothing.

if you guys want to complain. then make your own shirt, or change my design (i dont care, thats what zazzle is about!)

thanks

Sep 13, 2007
Franklin, OH
That's a...

Really?

You know why?

-Brad

Burn. And possibly a slap.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results