Taking someone's else trick..

May 16, 2017
Note : I'm really concerned about taking someone's trick or make him upset even if he cant do anything about it to me..

Performing famous trick that has been created by someone else and also giving away how to do the trick as im seeing everywhere happening on youtube is it okey to do that ,would the creator of the trick be upset or would he consider it normal because its happening a lot..

And also i have trick that i created needs a move that could be the one that someone else created ,and he is dead ,do i have to contact his family or forget about it ..and if i just do it would his family for example be upset ?

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Ok, to answer your first question, you are allowed to perform someone's trick. however, Revealing it is completely against the rules, and can create legal action in some scenarios, not to mention nobody who does magic will ever respect you again.

And if the effect was published a long time ago, is a standard move in magic, or was made open for presentation, you are fine. Unless it is currently a marketed effect, you will be fine, and if he has passed, than it was published probably published a very long time ago, so you're good.

Reactions: obrienmagic
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results