Tally Ho Dilemma

Oct 11, 2007
I have found places through these forums to buy really cheap Tally Ho's and personally i LOVE the cards. I have used them but here is my dilemma.

How do you feel about buying Tally Ho's when magic tricks are solely on bicycle stock anymore. I am wondering if i should start using Tally Ho's exclusively but worry about some of the tricks always being bicycle stock.

As an example. I want to buy Extractor which is bicycle... also i have jay sankey's bigger finish/which isn't great but it does get good reactions. i also have panic which is tight but is on bicycle stock as well.

If you guys can give me some insight on how you feel about it all. it would be very much appreciated.

thanks for your help

Aug 31, 2007
UK
It all depends if you want to use gimmicks or not (which I assume is what you're talking about)

Feb 28, 2008
I'd have to say no to being exclusive to Tally's if you have some gaffs that are bikes cuz, well, you just can't do those tricks then...

Personally, I use a bunch of different decks - Gaurdians, Bikes, Tallys - and no one really questions when I use one deck over another so if you do a deck switch just do some no gaff tricks with them before you do a gaff trick and leave it at that.

Also, have you tried the Masters off of E? They're okay... some Tally Fans like them. I don't, but maybe you might and have the best of both worlds?

Nov 6, 2007
You probably shouldn't limit yourself to just one type of deck. It just doesn't make much sense to me.

I don't really work with gaffs myself, but I still have a bunch of bicycles, and tally's, etc etc.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
You probably shouldn't limit yourself to just one type of deck. It just doesn't make much sense to me.

Why not? If you find a deck you love, then why not stick to it? Of course, still experiment with other cards, but there's no reason not to limit yourself to one deck if you're in love with it. Like me and my Guardians. Ahh...

:)

But I still use regular Bikes in 99% of my performances.

Oct 11, 2007
thats what i mean though, i understand the love for bikes, they seem normal to laymen, to it doesn't matter though because if i always use tallys thats ok, but i don't want to switch different types of decks within a performance. I guess we should just tell all the makers they should start making gaffs with different decks, you hear that theory 11, penguin, and everyone else lol just kidding but i wish they would make htem seriously in different decks for the individual performer

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results