Tannen's Magic Camp (A must read)

Oct 29, 2012
Alrighty everyone. My name is Ethan Figard. And i did something amazing this past week... Go to the best place on earth. Tannen's Magic Camp.... This camp isnt just a camp. Its a home away from home. The great people. I made so many new friends. It was great. If there is 1 thing you must do next year, its go to this camp. It is such a GREAT oppurtunity. And its fun too. It is very tiring. Its A LOT of work as well.

What did we do? Well. Everyone has a class. Its assigned to you. At the beginning of camp everyone gets evaluated and based on your skill level you are placed in a class. Beginner Close up or Stage. Intermediate Close up or Stage. Advanced Intermediate Close up (<- I was in that 1). Advanced Close up or Stage.... You can only get evaluated if your Close up though. Then theres the competition. Everyone that wants to join goes and does a competition. Junior Close up or Stage. Senior Close up or Stage. Then, 4 people are picked from each category. And at the end up the week there are final competitions that get out awards for each category, fourth to first.

What else? We have lectures. Each day is a new person. We had a lecture my the very own Garrett Thomas.... We also have shows every night. We started with Eric Jones. Had a few other people as well. And we also have workshops. I did a workshop about business. And if you go to this camp, i recomend it HIGHLY. Its great!

I dont wanna give away everything we do. But theres a few fun things we did. Its a great experience. And i want every one of you to go. Its a great thing. Next year is camp number 40! Woooo. And it will be awesome. As i hope i can go..... One absolutely awesome thing we did was speak with some Theory11 staff. All of the campers had a Skype call with J.B, Andre, Michael and Christen (Hope thats spelled right). And as a surprise, J.B called David Copperfield. It was AWESOME!

Lastly, I want to thank Theory11. As without you guys... I wouldnt have gone to Camp. It was the best thing in the world. And that is with full seriousness. I cannot explain how great it was. You MUST experience it. We had Garrett Thomas, John Reid, Eric Jones, Darren Romeo, Kostya and a lot of other great magicians. There is a movie out right now called "Magic Camp" .... Its available on iTunes i believe. And other digital formats. As well as in some theatres. Watch it. Its the closest thing you can get to experiencing it without actualy going. It was fun. But i got A LOT from it. Great advice.

Thank you for reading.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results