Tarantula by Yigal Mesika

May 21, 2009
Fresno, CA
When I purchased the gimmick, I also purchased 1 refill and the Mesika wax. This has proven to be a wise investment during practice becuase while getting used to the gimmick, IT has a tendency to break. The refill and mesika wax combined should run about $20. It is worth it in order to become familiar with the gimmick.

Jan 16, 2008
^

I'm thinking of getting Tarantula.

Where can I buy Mesika wax, and how is it different from normal magician's wax?
Where can I get I.T. spool also?

If the machine is operated by pressure, will it really last long? Or will the sensitivity decrease over time?

Thanks!

May 21, 2009
Fresno, CA
"I'm thinking of getting Tarantula.

Where can I buy Mesika wax, and how is it different from normal magician's wax?
Where can I get I.T. spool also?

If the machine is operated by pressure, will it really last long? Or will the sensitivity decrease over time?"

Not sure if you bought it already, or if someone else answered your questions...

You can probably buy the Mesika wax from the same dealer you purchased the Tarantula from. It usually runs about $11. It comes in a little tin and is already seperated into little pea-sized pellets. The Mesika wax is a little different than normal magician's wax in two ways:

1.) It is a cloudy white color which helps blend it in with your thumbnail, or the ring you decide to attach it to, and

2.) It has a softer consistency. It is not as hard as normal wax, but it is also not as soft as, say card on the ceiling wax. I really like using it. it has proved invaluable to the illusion.

About IT...It uses the same IT as Spider Pen. So shop around of you like and find the best price.

It is not operated by pressure, so to speak, any more comment would expose...when it does "wear out" it will be easy to repair and only cost a couple of dollars.

Hope the helps...

Nate

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 4, 2017
Any ideas on how to have the IT keep its grip better used the resizing tips in his videos with no luck. Makes my natural state seem unnatural

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results