Tarantula by Yigal Mesika

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
My best friend just bought the Tarantula and loves it, and he let me watch the dvd with him. Now I actually want to buy it for myself because I'm not disappointed by the gimmick or the method at all. I pretty much just want to onlydo the floating ring anyways. Though when reading several reviews about it I hear that the gimmick breaks very easily and I really don't want to waste $50 on something that will break too easily.

Any thoughts? Any of you guys buy it and have any opinions or tips and hints to keep the gimmick safe?

Last edited by a moderator:

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
The gimmick does break easily if you are not careful with. If you know what you are doing and using it cautiously...you should be alright but may have to fix the thread after normal wear and tear.

Oct 10, 2010
If you only wanted to do the floating ring you could just use the IT and it would accomplish the same effect.

Apr 2, 2011
Germany
Check out Centrifugal by the Blue Crown.
you can accomplish the same effects and you have nothing in your hands. And I believe its cheaper.

REAPER

Elite Member
Feb 26, 2009
I do mainly thread work and if you are experienced with handling thread, you will definitely be gentle enough to not break the gimmick. I own the tarantula and love it as it is great and is self-contained. However, there are cleaner ways and if you have even a little bit of interest in levitation, I suggest the Master Levitation System by Steve Fearson as well on his emagicsupply.com website. But really, Yigal's products are simply amazing, but the thread/gimmick is not strong enough to float heavier objects.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results