TG Deck Flip Help

Jan 28, 2010
Romania
hey guys, so I've been messing around with the tg deck flip for quite a while now, and I seem to have this problem nearly all the time and it drives me nuts. when I flip the deck, my first finger kicks the bottom card out of its place. I tried various index finger placements and nothing seems to help. is it practice that will help, or am I doing it wrong? thanks!

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Hey Flex,
I have found that if you do the flip when the cards are bent (after under pressure or a spring), there is less friction on the bottom card and the deck flips very cleanly. Try it out and see what you think.

-G

Jan 28, 2010
Romania
thanks, I've tried what you said, but it doesn't seem to help. I always produce that bottom card flying into the air which is a big issue in molecule production.

Sep 20, 2009
happens to me 1 out of 2 times as well.i THINK it has something to do with whether the nail or the fleshy part of the index finger touches that card last before it actually flips the deck..

Nov 30, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I had the same problem, and I found a more forceful, centered flick seems to keep the deck together, where as a softer, looser flick allows the bottom card to separate.

BUT work on that accidental popping of the card and you're on to something great..haha
Haha yeah, my friend has been working on that and 4 times out of 5, he can actually flip the deck, but have that card out-jogged face up at the bottom. It's a pretty cool production actually.

Jan 28, 2010
Romania
thanks to everyone, but nothing seems to help :mad: I'll give it a week more, I think it'll get better. flourishes does not seem to like me. I can just do cuts. anyways, and if you want to produce a card during a tg deck flip, you buckle the top card you guys definitely know it, molecule production I think. thanks!

Sep 30, 2009
Elkhart, IN
BUT work on that accidental popping of the card and you're on to something great..haha

Use this to find spectators card. Don't put there card on top but rather on bottom do the flip and catch card.

Sorry that won't help with the flourishes that you are doing.

P.S. Don't worry I've got the same problem...just keep at it. Never give up. It might not hurt to take a break from it and go back to it later. I'm doing that with the clip shift...stupid fingers will not work right...LOL

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results