TG Deck Flip - what's the point?

AllanLuu

Banned
Aug 31, 2007
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I have just recently learned the TG Deck flip, it took me liketwo weeks because I was spinning the deck the wrong way till I realized it spins around the thumb not the middle finger ;).

Annyway, I know TG has his own book called Imagications and in the trilofy it said it has applications for the TG Deck flip. I was reading the contents and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the deck flip.

Sep 1, 2007
Amsterdam
When i first practised this move i always shoot out random cards from the bottom while flipping the deck without any reason, after i realized it was caused by the stretch of my index finger i start to practise to use it as a card production. so right now im able to either shoot the bottom card to my other hand or make them both flip up and let the bottom card fall on top.

how ever i have no idea of the other application of this move

If you give the book a good read, you'll notice that applications of the Deck Flip can actually be found in Imagication - mainly in the latter pages. For example, where a deck flip is used in a 3-phase flipping sequence -- and a selection is also produced simultaneously. You can find that on page 251, in his "Mid-Air Triple Cut" flourish. A follow-up flourish to the previous can be found on page 277, by the name of "Reverse Mid-Air Triple Cut".

However, I also believe Terry is releasing a book very soon, focusing on just Deck Flip applications. We'll have to all look out for that, it sounds a blast. :)

Have fun,
Jordan

Sep 1, 2007
an entire book about the deck flip? serious?

anyways I think it demonstrates control, for example if you close a fan or catch an armspread then *immediately* follow with a deck flip, it shows you're not having to fumble to square up packets or something. basically it does what all good flourishes do, which is demonstrate a casual mastery of card manipulation.

Aug 31, 2007
I use Daren's variation of the T.G. Murphy Deck Flip (which he uses in his Dynamite Cut) for a Triumph effect.

- harapan. magic!

Sep 2, 2007
Are you speaking of the 2nd effect the guy performs? If so, a very similar thing is explained on page 32 of the Buck Twin's Nursery Ryhmes Volume III notes. :)

Have fun ya'll,
Jordan

Pretty much, seems like a combination of what's published in Nursery Rhymes and the deckflip correction thing that Daren's sort of known for doing. Thanks for filling me in though, I was trying to remember where those T.G Deckflip-ideas were published.

Aug 31, 2007
Like I said, it's the one Daren uses in his Dynamite Cut. As mentioned previously, I use it for a Triumph effect I do.

Daren's Dynamite Deck Flip variation can be seen in the Virts' ReIntro Video. Jonas shows it in his Wrist Twist tutorial (which is down now, I believe). The best place to see this in action is (I believe) Daren's Coma White video.

- harapan. magic!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results