The Art of Coin Magic

I want to start this thread to speak of the more theoretical aspects of coin magic. I'll admit first of all, that I don't do very much coin magic at all. However, I've always fantasized about doing it. There are several reasons for that. the three main reasons are; first -that they are easily accessible,second-many sleights with coins can be adapted to other small objects; and last,but not least, their universal appeal. By that I mean that everyone can relate to them. For instance, I love and do alot of card magic. However, the difficulty comes when I encounter someone who does not know much about them and therefore cannot undertand alot of what is going on. Some people I've met can't even name tha cards which sometimes can destroy the climax to an effect. (On the same token, I've recently learned a few card effects that are more commercial and easy to follow. Therefore, even someone who is not that familiar with cards can appreciate the effect). However coins are understood by pretty much anyone and coin magic is alot more practical in certain circumstances.
Having said that, I've also wrestled with another concept about coin magic which I see as a downside. I'll get to that a little later though. For now, I'd love to hear everyone else's thoughts on the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Florida
well If you're serious about learning coin magic I would recomend JB Bobo's modern coin magic, unless you already have it. That book will put you on the right track.

Sep 15, 2007
The Roth DVD's were fantastic for learning a great foundation.
Bobo's then Coinmagic then the Roth book.
That was the path I took and they served me well over the years.
Snorri

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results