The Be Kind Change by Tony Chang

Sep 1, 2007
yo,
thought I'd write up a quick review of the new 1on1 by the boss of all bosses Tony Chang...yeah...

As you can see in the preview the change is quite visual. Unfortunatly this comes with a price. This move is a little angly. Personally, Im a very short guy, so almost everything I do is viewed directly down by a spectator. This poses a bit of a problem with this change. It isn't a big enough problem for me not to be able to fix, Im sure some working with a mirror will help.

Mechanically speaking, this change isn't as difficult as one would think. It usn't something you will have down in a week, but it also isn't a knuckle-buster.

I know a lot of guys not very experienced in palming may be intimidated by this change, but trust me this change doesnt work exactly the way you think it does. I would honestly bet money on my hands being the smallest on this entire forum, and I have no problem covering this move (except for the problem stated above, but that isn't a hand size issue) Just trust me, you don't need big hands for this change.

The teaching is great, Tony goes over everything like 50 times, you will have no problems learning. The quality is good for a camera phone, and I can deal with white fuzz in subsititute for audio...naaahh its good.

The vanish is sick, but, I would of loved to see some apps for it. I know I know come up with your own stuff, but I loved Tonyd tricks on his Vanishing Inc download, and would really of liked to see some more...one can hope for more 1on1s.

Overall for 6 bucks, this was a great buy. Only problems is I wantz more, but for 6 bucks whaddya expect? more tony plz

Nov 10, 2007
yo,
thought I'd write up a quick review of the new 1on1 by the boss of all bosses Tony Chang...yeah...

As you can see in the preview the change is quite visual. Unfortunatly this comes with a price. This move is a little angly. Personally, Im a very short guy, so almost everything I do is viewed directly down by a spectator. This poses a bit of a problem with this change. It isn't a big enough problem for me not to be able to fix, Im sure some working with a mirror will help.

Mechanically speaking, this change isn't as difficult as one would think. It usn't something you will have down in a week, but it also isn't a knuckle-buster.

I know a lot of guys not very experienced in palming may be intimidated by this change, but trust me this change doesnt work exactly the way you think it does. I would honestly bet money on my hands being the smallest on this entire forum, and I have no problem covering this move (except for the problem stated above, but that isn't a hand size issue) Just trust me, you don't need big hands for this change.

The teaching is great, Tony goes over everything like 50 times, you will have no problems learning. The quality is good for a camera phone, and I can deal with white fuzz in subsititute for audio...naaahh its good.

The vanish is sick, but, I would of loved to see some apps for it. I know I know come up with your own stuff, but I loved Tonyd tricks on his Vanishing Inc download, and would really of liked to see some more...one can hope for more 1on1s.

Overall for 6 bucks, this was a great buy. Only problems is I wantz more, but for 6 bucks whaddya expect? more tony plz

Nice review.
As for hand size can you do the shapeshifter color change?

Nov 10, 2007
It is an issue for me because the my hands are so small the card can not clear the rotation it gets completely stuck. I dont really care though no excuses.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I know some of you out there are a bit skeptical of this 1-on-1, however, take a leap of faith and pick this one up... you will not be disappointed.

Let's set aside the actual tricks first and just take a look at Tony and his teaching. There is definitely something special about Tony that makes his teaching very easy to understand, even on very difficult concepts in magic. He certainly does not leave any nuance untouched and the small little details that he mentions, specifically in these tricks, are very important and are full of wisdom. He has a special eye for these types of things, and if you apply his teaching to your other material, it will definitely take a turn for improvement.

Down to the actual sleights/ tricks. Yes, from a first glance, it seems like "just another color change." When you actually pick up the trick and listen to the brief history behind the mechanics, you will learn otherwise. You will see that the applications are abundant, and the time you spend thinking of new ways to apply this to your other routines will be extremely fun.

That being said, the color change in itself is extremely nice. It requires some new hand movements (hidden from the spectator of course), but the outward appearance is ALL justified, and if anything, is void of unneeded "flutter" and "finger flicking", thus in my opinion, a very pure color change.

The Vanish is even nicer. The "moment" of magic that Tony talks about is extremely simple, yet the simplicity is what makes it more magical. No card spinning, dancing clowns, fire explosions, finger twitches... just a wave and a vanish.

You will be extremely delighted in picking this up, and will consider it a steal for the price it is listed at.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results