The Best Forces?

Dec 23, 2007
Hi guys! im just wondering what you guys think is the best force? (believable to the spectator, easy, practical etc.
Thanks!:)

Feb 3, 2008
Raleigh, NC
I personally like the Slip Cut Force and Daniel Madison's Emotion Force. The Emotion Force is great, it is a much cleaner version of the Riffle Force where the spectator will see you cut exactly where you stopped, I just learned this yesterday and I'm already in love. Other good forces are the Riffle Force, the Kick Cut Force and the classic, simple Cross Cut Force.

-Cyrus

Dec 3, 2007
Denmark
I just finished watching DisTortion, and i really loved the modified hindu shuffle force Wayne teaches.

It is a variation where instead of showing the bottom card immediately, you drop it on top of the genuinely shuffled packet (after holding a break above it). Then you are able to hand it out, which I think is very important, so that the spectator can show it to other people as well.

Tjernobyl

Feb 1, 2008
personally the best force is the force that works for you. i personally use the riffle force and the one handed chariler force( i made that last one.... still havn't found a good name yet). i dont use the classic force much just because im not that good at it but ill get better. but the best is the force that works for you

Oct 20, 2007
Although really a matter of opinion, my favorite are the riffle, cross cut and classic. Of the three i think that the classic is the most believable, and with practice you can get it 95% of the times unless the spectator is heckling. Cross cut is bold...but i have never gotten caught, and riffle is great.

Feb 4, 2008
At the moment I'm really liking the hindu shuffle force and the spread force - they both work very nicely and the spread force in particular is very believable with the right timing.

I never bother with the classic force - I understand it's power but frankly if I'm intending to perform something requiring a force I don't want to take any chances, no matter how slim :)

Oct 20, 2007
At the moment I'm really liking the hindu shuffle force and the spread force - they both work very nicely and the spread force in particular is very believable with the right timing.

I never bother with the classic force - I understand it's power but frankly if I'm intending to perform something requiring a force I don't want to take any chances, no matter how slim :)

true, but once you have mastered the classic force there are no chances, you can change your tactics in a second and still force it.

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando Fl
I can't use the classic because everyone of my friends or family is like a heckler, and weirdly enough, my parents are the biggest of all, for example I was performing for my parent's friends (not hecklers) and my dad was like "Look, look he put his hand into his pocket", so I don't think I'll be able to pull off the Classic Force,

Riffle Force is the way to go (especially if earlier you had them pick an actually random card by riffling), following up closely by Hindu Force.

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
If you don't have 100% success with the classic force, then in my opinion you have no business using anything else. Getting the classic force right uses certain basic psychological and social instincts that you need to develop if you want to be any good as a magician. Just keep using the classic force until you get it right; this will improve everything you do before an audience.

Basically, do tricks that rely entirely on card control, not on forcing the card, and force the card anyway with the classic force. Even if you screw it up, the trick will still work fine, and eventually you'll notice with some surprise that the classic force is working every time.

Then you can choose your favorite force. ;)

Dec 23, 2007
If you don't have 100% success with the classic force, then in my opinion you have no business using anything else. Getting the classic force right uses certain basic psychological and social instincts that you need to develop if you want to be any good as a magician. Just keep using the classic force until you get it right; this will improve everything you do before an audience.

Basically, do tricks that rely entirely on card control, not on forcing the card, and force the card anyway with the classic force. Even if you screw it up, the trick will still work fine, and eventually you'll notice with some surprise that the classic force is working every time.

Then you can choose your favorite force. ;)

Thank you, that helped alot! i think im gonna go with a classic force with 2 tricks in mind. If the force dont work, i control the card and if it works i continue with whatever i was planning!

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
Thank you, that helped alot! i think im gonna go with a classic force with 2 tricks in mind. If the force dont work, i control the card and if it works i continue with whatever i was planning!

That's what I do all the time. You never know when some sort of weird thing will happen; I did an underspread force once, and the spectator let go of the card and said "sorry, that's the wrong one". Not much you can do then except let him choose another card, so you're left with card control or punting the trick and starting another.

If the spectator is actively trying to cause trouble, you're better off punting the trick... but I never do. I get too competitive about beating the jerk at his own game. Sometimes I fail, but if I'm good-natured about it, the audience tends to stay on my side.

I can't use the classic because everyone of my friends or family is like a heckler, and weirdly enough, my parents are the biggest of all, for example I was performing for my parent's friends (not hecklers) and my dad was like "Look, look he put his hand into his pocket", so I don't think I'll be able to pull off the Classic Force,

Riffle Force is the way to go (especially if earlier you had them pick an actually random card by riffling), following up closely by Hindu Force.

A couple of comments I have here. First, there is another thread just recently started on this. Second, It sounds like you are new or relatively new at this. What I mean and this is only to help you cause all of us have been there, is when your just beginning you learn a new trick or sleight and you practice it for a couple of days and then you run off to perform it and then your friends catch a glimpse of exposure and you messing it up. Here lies the problem with this, is those friends have already lost confidence in you and only know you as a failure relatively speaking so you must convince them that your better at what you do now.

The reason for this is re-gain their trust that is why they want to pull from the bottom instead of the middle of the deck. You re-gain their trust by practicing a routine so much your sick of it then you got them were you want them. Justin Miller uses a technique in his approach with the classic force where he rushes his spectator to choose a card so he can control the timing. Whatever it is it boils down to a confident offering of a freely chosen card and a little psychology.

Sorry about going off the thread there. My fav force is the Aldo Columbini roll over force.

Shane.:D

Feb 17, 2008
K-W, ON, Canada
Here lies the problem with this, is those friends have already lost confidence in you and only know you as a failure

Oh.. oh, god, can't stop laughing and it HURTS.

I know what you were trying to say, but, oh my god... LOL! *clenches side*

Anyway, classic obviously, as it's so natural. But, I also like the Riffle, Hindu, and Raining forces.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results