The Cardist Magazine

May 17, 2009
United Kingdom
So for those of you who have not seen 'The Cardist Magazine':

www.thecardistmag.com

Let me give you a few words of advice...BUY THIS MAGAZINE!

I will let you check out the website for the details but for $4 you receive top quality information, a brilliant read and support what will be one of the most important magazines for card flourishers around the globe!
For those wondering, yes it is a download but I bought it and 5 seconds later was able to sit down with a deck of cards and a cup 'o' joe reading articles from some of the biggest names in the business such as Adam Kerchman, Jden Redden (the editor of the magazine), Jaspas, David Pedersen and Leon Tai! From tutorials to deck reviews and articles on all things cards this is what the cardistry community has been waiting for.
I won't say too much about the magazine cause for $4 you guys have to experience it for yourself! So don't be misers and give Jden the credit he deserves and support him so he can write many more of these magazines!

Fantastic magazine by fantastic people!
BUY IT!

Josh

tjf

May 23, 2009
I was kidding folks... Josh's enthusiastic review almost sounded like it could've been written by the guys in charge.

Subtle joke grenade dud.. lol :)

Dec 18, 2010
Ummm.... maybe you should mention it's only 12 pages. That includes cover , back , and full page photo of a guy holding a camara.

Feb 7, 2011
$4 for 9 pages of content? Not in this lifetime. The cardist comunity is, no pun intended, 'flourishing' online, with all the information one needs. If this magazine was in shops it would be wicked, but it's online too. Just trying to exploit a new market, when deck reviews and interviews are available for free all over the internet. Choose cardistry over capitalism.

May 17, 2009
United Kingdom
I can see where some people get their views with this content issue, but bear in mind you are getting information with some of the big names in the business not just some kid on YouTube who makes a sloppy tutorial! And its $4, which is as cheap as a deck of cards! Trust from first hand experience that this is a worthwhile buy and I will definitely be purchasing all coming issues. As for the issue of cardistry communities online, yes the information is there but as stated before it is by people who (not in all cases) don't know what they are doing! How often do the big names such as David Pedersen, Jaspas and even people not in the magazine posting frequently on forums etc. not too often, many hold the same views that the online community is failing and most cardists have given up on forums etc. All I'm trying to say is that this magazine is bringing back the big shots and I reckon it could help boost online cardistry. Well thats my views.

Josh

$4 for 9 pages of content? Not in this lifetime. The cardist comunity is, no pun intended, 'flourishing' online, with all the information one needs. If this magazine was in shops it would be wicked, but it's online too. Just trying to exploit a new market, when deck reviews and interviews are available for free all over the internet. Choose cardistry over capitalism.

My feelings exactly. Why the hell would anyone buy 7 pages of digital content when there are so many free essays on the web written by genuine, top artists.
Yes, I said 7 pages because I consider the deck review section a joke. Reading a deck review is a waste of time and every serious, mentally sane and/or experienced card-worker knows it.

As a random fact, the paper edition of Genii Magazine, established in 1936, can be bought for 3.77$.

Nov 27, 2010
I totally agree with steve and ReservoirRed!!!!!!! United cardist,theory11,Kardistry.com,The cuso,Carditzry.com and youtube in general IS ENOUGH!!!!!! Magic has already been destroyed by over exposure. Cardistry is like a gift for dedicated magicians who do not want to be compared to the other undedicated little kids trying to do magic. I just hope this magazene does not make it's way to local stores. Like I said before We do not want cardistry to become trendy like magic is......

I understand if you guys dont like the mag is about. Thats fine. You're the niche. In fact these are the only negative comments I am hearing.

The original intention of the mag was to be able to give back to the artists. Without them there would be no cardistry, so give back to them. I also wanted a place where someone could go and find high quality articles from by the most respected artists in the field.

But if you dont want to support the artists. Thats fine. Just dont purchase. :)

J.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results