The classic change

Feb 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
I download the trick on T11 Sunday this week and was wondering, if you really want to come clean and "take away" the changing card, what method would you suggest? Basically, I can do the trick, but if I give the deck, they will find out easily where the "changed"card is so what should I do to "remove" it? I really dont have any experience, this is my first card trick. I bough pressure wich is really cool, Links and the impossible penetration. So basically, it's my first time with card.

Feb 12, 2011
what I would highly recommend that you do is first off if you are thinking of staying in card magic.... you want to learn the one hand top palm.... there are a number of DVDs that teach this... that is one way to get rid of a card... of course the easiest is to not let them examine the deck... simply double lift again and move on before the can even ask "can I take a look at the deck?" trust me very few people will try and look at the deck right away because the change is so visual, so if you move on they will forget about it....
I hope this helps!

Feb 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
Yep, that do. Actually, I don't think I'll do magic to earn my life and I'm so curious about what magic have to offer that I'll probably touch a lot of thing. Usually, I just shuffle the deck after my trick but you're rigth, nobody ask me to check the deck. It's just to be prepared. I'm kinda perfectionnist and I know that when I'll do it for my sister, she'll probably want to check the deck.I'm doing magic to entertain other and myself. I'm really a kid in an adult body :). But, just for my information, why "most" magician talk about "staying with this kind of magic"? Can't you be polivalent? I'm a total beginner so I don't know what kind of effort you must put in to be good so don't be to harsh :).

Jun 10, 2010
Do a KM move as you hand them their selection. Or just do a wrist kill. A KM move's definitely cleaner, though.

Feb 12, 2011
I was not trying to be harsh and I am sorry if I gave you that idea.... as for the amount of practice or effort you put into a trick.... it is sort of a personal thing... just as long as you think you are ready.... I actually test myself and see if I can do it in the mirror three times and then without the mirror three times without messing up before I show it to anybody.... and yes you can (and most people do) explore and become very proficient at some or all of the branches of magic... this is another personal thing you will have discover for yourself... the most important thing is to not get discouraged.... keep practicing and trying out new effects... even if somebody figures a trick out....
I hope I helped you out a little,
cheers

Feb 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
Oh, I didn't mean that you were harsh I'm sorry if you interpreted it that way. What I meant is because I'm so new, I really don't know anything and sometime I can ask silly question, but I don't want silly answer if you know what I mean. I was only saying that to let you know my level of "experience" and to let you know that it was a "legetimate" question for me. Sorry for my english by the way.

To Saborfang17: what is a KM move? Do you have a link that I can watch? Or is there something on T11 that use this move? Thank you for your answer! :).

Goldmos, I'd personally recommend that you don't buy DVD's. If you ask me, you should read some books first.

- It's significantly cheaper.
- Loads more tricks for your money.

Go ahead and check out the 'What to Read' by Jason England here on T11. It's a free download and will tell you some awesome books to check out.

Feb 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
I have that download and it's funny because I send some message to Jason england and he told me about the same thing as you did: learn 85% from book and 15% video. I was curious about that ratio so I asked him why we should learn from book instead of video. He said: with video, you'll get the trick but you wont have interpretation. Magic is an art and reading a book let you devellop your own way. And he add: If you only learn magic from video, you'll be a bad magician quickly but if you read books, it will take longer but you'll devellop your art. I'll defenitly check it out. I must admit, I do want to know some trick fast, but I do see the wisdom that he want to teach me. Even if I wont probably perform outside people close to me, it's sure that if I'm prepared and have solid fondation, I can perform for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results