The Core (Vanishing Inc.) :: Review

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Happy Friday fellow Theory11ers!

Today I had the pleasure of watching The Core from Vanishing Inc. and I'd thought I'd post up a review, so, let's get started!

What you get: An 11 minute and 39 second video that covers everything about the effect, including how to present it, how to perform it, and how to reset along with different tips on making your performance and work even better.

Effect itself: You can watch the video for the performance, but there are really so many ways you can go with this patter. Great work.

Method: The method will require some skills in the math department
2cqkvts.png
and may take a while to master and get it up to the speed Pit performs it at, but it's nothing too difficult and I am sure if you study it for a while and make note cards to practice, you will be fine. There is also a set up with the deck that takes about 2 minutes, but isn't hard at all (it would kind of be along the lines of a stacked deck, but hardly this, if this is revelation please edit*) to be clear: this effect is completely impromptu!

Teaching: The teaching is great, after you learn the method, you get another video segment to practice as Mr. Hartling guides you through. A great section to put in to make sure you can really learn it well. Also, he teaches you how to reset if you are working in a walk around type environment.

Final thoughts: Wonderful effect all around. The math part will require some practice, but there is hardly any sleight of hand in this trick which makes it practically self-working. Very hard hitting, and you can also use this principle to easily locate any card in the deck by "peeling the deck" which is an awesome thing to learn even if you aren't going to perform this effect.

Where: :D RIGHT HERE :D

Price: $10.00

Rating: For 1 trick this may seem a little pricey, but if you are a serious card worker and are willing to put time into learning the effect along with the patter, you will be able to perform The Core as well as Pit does on the video. Thumbs up, 9 out of 10. (9 due to the math part which is kind of hard to do in your head while you are "pattering" along to your spectators.)

ivw9zb.png

-Sanj

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results