The Dogma Deck - A Custom Deck

Jan 13, 2012
In close collaboration with a friend of mine, we're introducing the Dogma Deck.

Below are a few pictures of the process (so far).

TDDOBD.jpgCC_IE.jpg

Leave your opinions below.

Jan 13, 2012
The back design was inspired by the Bee's simplicty, as far as the name, it's temporary (just something we called it at the time).

Of course, seeing the back design through a photo compared to the actual card are two different things.

Feb 4, 2008
Instead of a fade to black try fading it with the border...such as with the stinger. See how that looks.

Sep 3, 2011
Middle of nowhere NY
I think it looks pretty sexy, actually, I really like those shades of red and green on the court cards. The back is fine I suppose, not my favorite, but decent, although I agree that a border would look better. Lastly (and I'll admit this is hard to do), it'd be really cool if you could design your own court cards. So often we see custom decks with the bicycle court cards on a different color scheme, which is what it seems like you've done. But custom court cards-- ex, Sentinels-- really make a deck unique and special, if you can design them according to the theme of the deck. Just some thoughts is all.

Jan 13, 2012
I think it looks pretty sexy, actually, I really like those shades of red and green on the court cards. The back is fine I suppose, not my favorite, but decent, although I agree that a border would look better. Lastly (and I'll admit this is hard to do), it'd be really cool if you could design your own court cards. So often we see custom decks with the bicycle court cards on a different color scheme, which is what it seems like you've done. But custom court cards-- ex, Sentinels-- really make a deck unique and special, if you can design them according to the theme of the deck. Just some thoughts is all.

Appreciate the support, and the feedback. As far as a border goes, it's something we're experimenting with. The court cards, as of right now, will stay the same.

Dec 5, 2009
Not too shabby. The back is nice and simple. I prefer cards with white borders for magic purposes.

Jan 13, 2012
Not too shabby. The back is nice and simple. I prefer cards with white borders for magic purposes.

The cards do have a white border, unless you're referring to the black faded edges of the image. Yes, a simple and clean approach is what we were going for.

Jan 11, 2011
I'm not particularly fond of that shade of green....looks like poison and vomit to me. Also, I think the diamond shapes are a bit too "sharp".

Jan 13, 2012
I'm not particularly fond of that shade of green....looks like poison and vomit to me. Also, I think the diamond shapes are a bit too "sharp".

OK? The BEEs were used as a reference for the backs of the cards, hence the shapes and direction of the cards.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results