The Dreaded Click Deck

Aug 17, 2013
Earth
I put each card face up to face down alternating them. When this is done. I put them back in the box and then I put them in a clip, I use the metallic ones from ellusionist. I set them in between 2 books and put 2 10 pound free weights on the books. The disk shaped free weights to be exact. I leave them like this for about 3 hours then take them back out and put them all face down and back in the box and back in the clip again. Then I put them back in between the books and put the weights back on them. I will leave them for 12-24 hours. I have fixed every deck I own like this (around 50) at one time or another. Try it out.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
A click bend is caused by a difference in the moisture (humidity) content between the edge of a card and the middle of a card. Click bends occur in newly opened decks when the edges are exposed to humidity or when a deck goes from one level of humidity to another. I've had it happen going to the tropics (very humid) and the mountains (no humidity).

A lot of the solutions proposed deal with the edges.most of those are a temporary fix because the edges will again absorb humidity when placed in the room. Refrigerating the cards removes humidity, but the moment the cards get out, the cold card attracts condensation which increases the humidity of the edges of the cards - resulting in the fix being only temporary.

The solution is to address the rest of the card. Spread the deck on the table so each card isolation and not touching another card. Leave the cards that way overnight. Turn the cards over in the morning and leave them for the day. Then do a face up / face down shuffle, stick the cards in a box and put them in a Porper clip for a day. I store open decks (especially jumbo cards) in a face up and face down weave that seems to reduce the likelihood of a click bend.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results