The Gadabout Coins

jcl

Jan 29, 2010
i ve been learning this trick from bobos dvd .there is a bit of this trick at the end where he pretends to place a coin in the had but classic palms it and another in the same hand with a click pass and then puts the gadabout coin into his pocket . my question is how would i put all three coins into the pocket without them making a noise . the trick is ment to be only one coin going into the pocket not 3 .

i ve been learning this trick from bobos dvd .there is a bit of this trick at the end where he pretends to place a coin in the had but classic palms it and another in the same hand with a click pass and then puts the gadabout coin into his pocket . my question is how would i put all three coins into the pocket without them making a noise . the trick is ment to be only one coin going into the pocket not 3 .

either uses coin clip or soft coins.

jcl

Jan 29, 2010
thanks for the replay i got mine off e bay because i live in the uk they are ordinary half dollars . where whould be a good cheep place to get soft coins from .

Apr 20, 2010
a simple solution: wear jeans and when you drop them in your pocket simply use leg muscle to push to the outside of the jeans, then slowly release to bring the coins down. they should now only make noise when you walk.

Feb 16, 2010
Personally, I use Ron Bauer's Gadabout Coins Revisited, and he refers to a method where the coins will not talk for the ending of the routine.

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
www.hermitmagic.com
Soft coins won't help this problem. That's just dumb. They're only quiet when their faces are slid together, in a controlled manner.

This depends entirely on the pocket. So, here's the creepy question:

What are you wearing? Are you going to a pants pocket, or a jacket pocket?

(when doing the routine)

Scott.

jcl

Jan 29, 2010
it will be jeans pockets. this trick is taken from the bobos coin magic dvds . i was thinking maybe if i have some other change in there and when i am dropping that one coin into the change when the other two fall it will sound like a coin has hit the change

Sep 4, 2007
Chesterfield, MI
If there is one coin trick that I do, its Ron Bauer's handling of Gadabout Coins Revisited.

His handling is the one to learn as in the last phase, you don't have 3 coins all going into the pocket at the same time.
You can successfully place 1 coin in the pocket without much noise (as there is already a coin in the pocket)...but there are some refinements on how you can handle the last 2 in RB's handling

I can't emphasize enough how strong this trick is as well as the "intellectual battle of wits" that goes on between the audience and the performer. I've seen Ron perform this effect and his close-up work is amazing. He has a deep knowledge in magic and whenever someone asks to see a trick, this is one of his main performance pieces. In a world of coin magic where there isn't much presentation, this effect delivers.

(After all how many 1 coin routines can you really do :)

Andy
Coin Magic Tricks Blog

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results