The Jones Change

Hey everyone,
Im having problems with the jones change.:confused:
I watched the free tutorial the Bucks gave and its all going fine except when i swing the cards round I cannot get them high enough in my hand to perform the Tenkai.Any help appreciated.

3ofclubs93

All I can say is really practice.

The twirl is somewhat of a knack. Once you have it down perfectly it may be easier to get the cards in the right position. Then you should be able to execute the change.

Michael

Oct 24, 2007
I don't use the Jones Change, but if I remember correctly, and remember, it's been a while since watching the tutorial. Just curl your fingers more into your hand. If you naturally, without a card in your hand, just close your hand into a fist, your pointing finger and middle finger are at the place where the tenkaied (not a word) card should rest against your thumb.

So you're basically curling your hand into a fist with the cards in between your fingers and then reaching your thumb over to put it into tenkai. Hope I helped. Peace!

Tyler

Sep 1, 2007
on Theory11.
If you can do the throw vanish, using the Tenki palm, then that should help you out. The quicker you can put a card comfortably and securely in Tenki, the easier the Jones Change will be. The Jones Change is fairly difficult to perform in front of real spectoators, BUT-with plenty of practice you can add this sexy change to your list of card sleights...

Hey,
It's got a tad better now I can get it into tenkai. I just can't get the speed to make it look really cool.
Plaese can people give me more avice because I really want to get this wonderful change down.
Feel free to PM me if you wish.

3ofclubs93

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 28, 2008
when I do it, I don't even put it into tenkai... I don't know why, but I gave up on it and just started holding it down with my thumb and it fit nicely into my palm.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results