www.youtube.com
Creator: Richard Griffin
Publisher: RG Magic Presents
MSRP: $ 30
Skill Level:
DVD Run time: 33 minutes

Type of effect: Moving ink effect

Manufacturer's Write Up:
A small note pad is shown. Four spots are drawn in each corner of the pad with a sharpie. One by one with the rub of a finger the spots are visibly moved to end up in one corner of the pad. The top sheet with the spots on is now peeled off and given away to examine.
Includes pad, gimmicks and instructional DVD  Quick reset
 No skill required

How accurate is the ad copy? Pretty straight forward, although the video advertisement is a tad deceptive in how it depicts the spots being drawn.

What's in the box? DVD, gimmicked post-it note pad, refill post-it pad and paper insert

Key points:
This is a very modern, very original approach to the matrix plot.

How are the production values: Single steady shot on a tripod, no separate angles, and the magician isn't mic'd so it was a little echoy.

Is it well made: The gimmick is as well made as it can be, although it feels a little lack luster and very delicate. For me, it did not work 100% of the time and that's a serious issue for me as a performer.

Is it well taught: Richard spends 33 minutes going over everything, and so I felt it was exhaustive of the material. You certainly walk away from this knowing what he knows.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?" All you need is the gimmicked pad and a normal sharpie marker (not included)

Does it "play big?" Moving ink effects always have that impossible look to them and if performed correctly, you have the opportunity to leave your spectator with an incredible keepsake.

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?) This is where I see this effect take the most heat, it seems outside of Richard's experienced hand, the Matrix Pad doesn't perform as well as it should. Practically, the device has several performance drawbacks - albeit they could be overcome - provided the performer was willing to devote the time to their perfecting.

How original is this idea? The matrix plot is not original, rather the originality comes from Richard's fun approach to it.

Overall score: 6/10

+ If you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas you can visit this link:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results