The Official Anaconda and Eye Cut Review (and the soundtrack)

Hey guys, this is my first review, hope you like it. Don't bash me for this, read it and appreciate the work done by the Virts and Bone.

Anaconda dribble:
The worlds longest dribble…

Quality of Teaching: 10/10

Video Quality: 10/10

Overall: 10/10

Great teaching. The tutorial gives precise details which are the key to master the anaconda, it explains in the best possible way.

It even goes through the timing and hand coordination which is essential to master the anaconda.

If that wasn’t good enough, this is the first dvd to actually have instructions for both left and right handed people.

The explanations are extremely clear, making it accessible to beginners in cardistry. The intermediates and pro’s will love the detailed teaching too. So there’s something for every one.

I’ll get back to my opinion on the Virts hate fest that went on here in the end of the review.

Contents:
The dvd/download contains not only the Anaconda, but have several bonus moves too such as:

Hot Stones – 1,2 and 4 card productions.
Hindu Tornado – amazing!
Mannequin – one handed T display
Razor – coolest one hand cut ever!
Butterfly – card twirl/revelation, I like the move.

The Eye Cut:
One of the most beautiful displays, according to me. The main basis of the eye cut is the Talon. It is a little difficult because the Talon really stretches your hands, and if you really need to get used to it to make it smooth.

So, the basic move requires time and effort to master, however the eye cut is not the only application for the talon. However, it is taught extremely well, with details to finger positioning and wrist movements etc.

The explanation gives several other applications to the talon too, like with an in the hand riffle shuffle, and with one handed fans etc.

10/10 for this too

Soundtrack:
The soundtrack is very nice! It goes very well with the moves I practise, and can be a good listen anyway!

Personally, I loved the soundtrack. Great work Roland!

Conclusion and Final remarks:

Overall, I give everything 10/10, and actually the Virts and Bone Ho should get 11/10 for their efforts. I can’t be thankful enough to these guys. I’m fairly new to cardistry, only 1 month, and the Virts and Bone Ho have inspired me to actually get into cardistry, otherwise I was only into magic before!

I saw the hate fest that went on against the Virts and Bone and I’m here to express my opinion. People got so angry and were so uncooperative when something went wrong and they didn’t receive their downloads in time. Yeah, it was late, so what? People started saying the Virts have poor costumer service etc, and I disagree.

Yes, the downloads were late, but so what? They apologized so many times, every one makes mistakes, in fact, I think it was even worth the wait, I’m sure those who have the downloads would surely agree with me? I would in fact not even minded waiting another few days for the downloads.

In fact, has anyone thanked them for their efforts yet? Or have those who bashed them appreciated the other things they have done. The dvd is for both right and left handed artists, first dvd in my knowledge to do that. They wrote SO many emails before informing us about the event and had excellent correspondence. They kept us updated everyday and I doubt if someone has thanked them for it. Some may argue, it's their job. Well, no, its not their job to give away something they worked so hard to develop, its a favour to the community and people must appreciate that.

One more thing, a lot of people are saying, there is no point buying the DVD, the anaconda is just a dribble BLAH BLAH. Well, yeah it is, but it has a modified grip, which is very important to achieve the anaconda. Secondly, the learning curve for the anaconda is steep, and that is even after buying the download/DVD, and that’s because it is an extremely difficult move to perform long and well. It requires a lot practice and patience like many other moves, the downloads really help ease the process through that steep learning curve. Even though it still remains a steep learning curve, it would be a lot more steep if you didn’t watch the explanations.

So basically, if someone hasn't bought the downloads/DVD yet, I recommend you do buy it.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a question, whats makes this the "official" review? does it means that all the other ones are unofficial? Im kind of lost there,

Err, I don't know, I guess I was meaning to say it wasn't a virts hate review or anything, which the last two thread related to this have been about. If that doesn't make sense then think of it as this should be the review which actually reviews the product instead of bashing the virts.

Sep 1, 2007
Pasadena-->Mexico
well i don't think it deserves a 10/10 i would give them a 7/10, i mean the teaching isn't that good, it only lasts like 5 min or something, i thought that by being a 70K project it would be like awesomeness on wheels ,but I am disappointed , great work though , i am not saying it is a bad DVD , but it just doesn't fill my expectations

My 2 cents

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Err, I don't know, I guess I was meaning to say it wasn't a virts hate review or anything, which the last two thread related to this have been about. If that doesn't make sense then think of it as this should be the review which actually reviews the product instead of bashing the virts.

If you are talking about Creeper's review for example, he didnt bashed them I do think that his review wasnt biased and he did it from his perspective and his own personal gain from the dvd.

I do not consider that bashing :)

If you are talking about Creeper's review for example, he didnt bashed them I do think that his review wasnt biased and he did it from his perspective and his own personal gain from the dvd.

I do not consider that bashing :)

Maybe not Creeper's, but the one before that definitely was a bash fest, I'm sure you would agree?

Oct 21, 2007
this was a totaly baised review, this is far from a perfect 10 dvd, most people will agree with that. The teaching for anaconda was 4 minutes long and all the bonus moves were in all honestly crap keeping in mind that its a Virts production. Heres a fair non-bais review, if your thinking about buying it, read this thread http://unitedcardists.net/uc/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=661
And if you guys really wanna learn anaconda, just read this free written tutorial http://www.handlordz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104

May 9, 2008
hi guy .....i don't think show ...
I am disappointed about this DVD .....

this is the first dvd to actually have instructions for both left and right handed people.

Funny ....Now if you watch carefully is not 2 hand just 1 hand .... ... left hand ...
Right hand 's clip is mirror left hand's clip....:mad::mad::mad:

see especially the Hot Stone ... 4 of spade .was reverse

May 9, 2008
I have to agree 100% with the reviewer of this post. Who cares if it was only 4 minutes long? It got straight to the point... it covers EVERYTHING you need to know to perform it perfectly. It's already helped me extend it from my neck to my waist to above my head to my waist. The other bonus material was definitely NOT crap. Why do you consider it crap? Because it's not just a bunch of 2 handed cuts?? And what makes this person's review invalid/biased??

Take a look at what others are saying about it, there are more positive reviews. Don't say that "most people will agree it's far from perfect", it's simply not true.

http://wld2009.com/members/anaconda-dvd-reviews/

And you're consider Creeper's review a fair, non-biased review??? LOL!

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
hi guy .....i don't think show ...
I am disappointed about this DVD .....

this is the first dvd to actually have instructions for both left and right handed people.

Funny ....Now if you watch carefully is not 2 hand just 1 hand .... ... left hand ...
Right hand 's clip is mirror left hand's clip....:mad::mad::mad:

see especially the Hot Stone ... 4 of spade .was reverse

Duh, if they actually took the time to learn and teach it with the right hand it would have been the same.

And you sir write in a horrible manner btw.

May 9, 2008
The comments weren't just negative, they were out of line. They were very rude. I don't blame the Virts for deleting those. No one wants to be in the presence of negative when people are trying to just have fun... just my opinion.

Oct 21, 2007
If the bonus material was just 2 handed cuts it would be just as much crap but thats not the the reason,

Hot stones- very basic combo which most cardists have probably figured out them selves

Hindu Tornado- lesser version of erdanase go round and the same move was tought in the encyclopedia of card flourishes.

Mannequin- somewhat interesting, but already done by Jaspas

Razor- definatly not the best one handed cut ever. A really basic ohc thats pretty self explanitory.

Butterfly- again a cool looking move, but if you've played with one card arials, you've probably done it.

And sure, Creeper's review isn't completely non bais, honestly who's could be 100% non-bias especaily with all the emails and talk about these DVDs, rather your somewhat on one side of the spectrum or the other. The reason I labelled Sanmisra's review bais was because it was at the very end of the spectrum, even if you did think the dvd was great it was definalty not an overall ten. But the real reason I think people are critising these dvds is because the virts dug a hole too big for them to fill, they raised peoples expectations too high and it was just a average dvd (thought I really apprecaite the film work).

And no disrespect to the Virts or Bone, just voicing my thoughts of what could have been better.

Dec 16, 2008
If the bonus material was just 2 handed cuts it would be just as much crap but thats not the the reason,

Hot stones- very basic combo which most cardists have probably figured out them selves

Hindu Tornado- lesser version of erdanase go round and the same move was tought in the encyclopedia of card flourishes.

Mannequin- somewhat interesting, but already done by Jaspas

Razor- definatly not the best one handed cut ever. A really basic ohc thats pretty self explanitory.

Butterfly- again a cool looking move, but if you've played with one card arials, you've probably done it.

And sure, Creeper's review isn't completely non bais, honestly who's could be 100% non-bias especaily with all the emails and talk about these DVDs, rather your somewhat on one side of the spectrum or the other. The reason I labelled Sanmisra's review bais was because it was at the very end of the spectrum, even if you did think the dvd was great it was definalty not an overall ten. But the real reason I think people are critising these dvds is because the virts dug a hole too big for them to fill, they raised peoples expectations too high and it was just a average dvd (thought I really apprecaite the film work).

I agree. For those who don't have much experience with HL product, then they feel all of Anaconda Material are new and original. I don't think the DVD is bad quality (the music is awesome) BUT the advertisement is Oh-my-God. Too many people want to learn Anaconda, Eye cut, Hindu Tornado so the expectation is too high.
The price of the DVD, if you discounted, is not good neither.

May 9, 2008

I'm sorry maybe I should think twice about the words that DVD ..... indeed see a bit disappointed ... ..... maybe it was enough for me. ... I need to practice more ..... because
I have not been as Bone and The Virt ...
I like Hot Stone product 2 card, Butterfly (Bone called the Rainbow shot ... I think that name is better ^ ^):p.....Music in DVD that awesome

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results