The Paper Engine/Totally Out of Control - Any Reviews?

Oct 6, 2007
Hey,

Im planning on getting either one or both o these books. Can soemone post a review or just gimme some info on the books? Thanks

Sep 1, 2007
I don't have either, but I haven't heard anything but great reviews for both of them. Totally Out of Control has some coin stuff and some card stuff, while The Paper Engine is all cards. That's about all I know.

meauxfeaux

Elite Member
Sep 8, 2007
There is a wider variety of routines and types of magic (i.e., cards, coins, rope) in Chris' book, "Totally Out of Control".
Aaron's book, "The Paper Engine" is a smaller, slimmer volume consisting of theory and practice. The tricks taught build on the sleights and theory presented in the book.

I'd consider the latter more of a text book and the former a collection of some great, fun material.

Theres material in kenners book that will really get u excited about magic and what you can do with it. There are some videos around this site of people doing stuff from the book . it was one of the first books i bought and its still gold now.. get em both you cant go wrong..

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
There's actually a UK based site that still has it listed, I've ordered it and they emailed me saying they're hoping to have some back in stock in the next few weeks and asked whether or not I would like a refund or to wait.

I was like: :eek: I'll wait!!!! :p

- Sean

Sep 1, 2007
I have Totally Out of Control, and I must say that it is filled with a plethora of great material. I can't speak for The Paper Engine as I dont' have it (it is on my Christmas List though!), but I'm sure it's also great. :)

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
My review is posted above, but I'll post here anyway. Paper Engine has to be one of the best books an experienced magician can own, because it provides so much new material. I don't own Totally Out of Control, but I've only heard great things. If I get it for Christmas like I hope to, I'll post a review.

//David.Misner::

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results