The Performance Is Worth More Than The Trick Itself

Oct 13, 2010
I've seen this countless times and I agree that the magician's performance is more important than the trick. Which leads me to this question: Are there any books/videos/instructional sources that can teach me to build up tension, attitude, creativity, quality, presence or anything that improves my overall performance and change an easy card trick into an impossible mystical experience?

Jan 31, 2010
Strong Magic - Ortiz
Designing Miracles - Ortiz
Mastering the Art of Magic - Burger
Magic and Showmanship - Nelms

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
The stuff above is good. I have discussed many of Ortiz's books with other magicians. Either you love books like that about theory and showmanship or you hate them. I do recommend the books listed above, especially by Silver. My advice is to be yourself. Have a good one, hope we helped.

–Anna Harris

Jun 10, 2010
The Five Points in Magic by Juan Tamariz is like the double rainbow....ALL THE WAYYYY!!!!!!

You know you're a magician when you use a reference to the double rainbow over the internet.

Strong Magic and Designing Miracles by Darwin Ortiz are a must have. I know I'd get DM if I could afford it. Someone around here (think it was Sam) recommended Strong Magic only if you're a professional working magician, or looking into it, whereas Designing Miracles is a must have for all magicians to take their magic to the next level.

EDIT: Magic Way is also the way to go. Thanks to Casey. I can't say anything about it, except for this: It's Juan. Freaking. Tamariz. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
You know you're a magician when you use a reference to the double rainbow over the internet.

Strong Magic and Designing Miracles by Darwin Ortiz are a must have. I know I'd get DM if I could afford it. Someone around here (think it was Sam) recommended Strong Magic only if you're a professional working magician, or looking into it, whereas Designing Miracles is a must have for all magicians to take their magic to the next level.

Well it was also a little subtle way of saying that Tamariz is near completing his book The Magic Rainbow. Sequel to Five Points and Magic Way. Magic Way is on the list of books to find!

Sep 19, 2007
The Books of Wonder by Tommy Wonder

Maximum Entertainment by Ken Weber (more a book of stage craft and direction, but still worthwhile)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results