The Pocket

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
Hey guys,

I was tinkering around with some coin magic, and I happened on this pretty cool idea. I was wondering if anyone knows if this idea has been thought of before

Here's a video of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m14qZz4as2o

I'm not talking about the first vanish and reappearance of course. I'm talking about how I can essentially ditch the coin almost instantaneously and then get it back just as quickly. Any magician could probably see right through what I'm doing, but it's more of the process really. Rather than just reveal the idea, if you think you've seen the idea before, can you send me a PM or post a link below to a similar effect?

Also just general comments on my performance would be wonderful.

Thanks!
Rneogy

Reactions: Lyle Borders
Jan 28, 2015
You've got a friendly personality and seem comfortable in front of a camera which comes through in the presentation, so in general it's a good performance and a neat idea, however, it's apparent you're doing something and I think it would be so even for laypeople.

I can't say that I've seen the idea before, but it could easily be workable with proper body positioning, (i.e., a slight turn of the body) or some type of misdirection.

KZ°

Postscript: You've got a very natural JW. :)

Dec 20, 2009
Massachusetts
You've got a friendly personality and seem comfortable in front of a camera which comes through in the presentation, so in general it's a good performance and a neat idea, however, it's apparent you're doing something and I think it would be so even for laypeople.

I can't say that I've seen the idea before, but it could easily be workable with proper body positioning, (i.e., a slight turn of the body) or some type of misdirection.

KZ°

Postscript: You've got a very natural JW. :)
Thanks! I realized while editing that I have a very clear eye movement and body movement when I'm "doing the move." But the eye movement I'm certain I don't do when I actually have people to look at (just something about looking at the camera), and I agree that live, maybe this would work well. I tend to handle audiences well, so maybe I'll try this out sometime live and come back with how that worked.

Also, what's JW?

Thanks,
Rneogy

Jan 28, 2015
Thanks! I realized while editing that I have a very clear eye movement and body movement when I'm "doing the move." But the eye movement I'm certain I don't do when I actually have people to look at (just something about looking at the camera), and I agree that live, maybe this would work well. I tend to handle audiences well, so maybe I'll try this out sometime live and come back with how that worked.

Also, what's JW?

Thanks,
Rneogy

How you did the first vanish...was smooth and natural.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results