The Real Secrets of David Stone

Aug 31, 2007
First of all I want to tell you that I didn't receive my copy yet but I'm a huge fan of David's material and I've seen his lectures twice (once in Portugal and another time here in Vigo) so I'm going to talk to you about what you can expect from this DVD set.

I also have the Real Secrets of Magic dvds vol 1 and 2 and they are one of my favourite dvds, ever. Stuff just works and he gives good tips on how to perform as a pro.

Of course I also have his Close Up Secrets book that I got from Lee Asher the day of the launch. If you plan on doing paid gigs or lectures this is a must.

But let's talk about the new set. As for what I saw in the trailer here http://bit.ly/davidstone he is going to explain the stuff he's been teaching in his lectures (and I bet a bunch of new stuff) for the last 65 years, or so... (how old is this french grandpa?)

David Stone makes commercial magic that sells but mixes it with a lot of high technique. He is a pro with coins (he's put out a bunch of coin dvds out there actually), he is a pro with cards and a pro with everything else.

If you've been to his lectures you've seen him doing magic with everything: cards, coins, sponge balls, cigarretes, lighters, fire wallets, orange fishes, thumbtip, bills, wine bottles, balloons...

The guy is truly a monster and he has this elegance and grace that only frenchies have (I'm so jealous of my neighbours there in France, damn Dimitri and company...) not to say that he's like 3 heads taller than me... :p

The real gold of his material for me is all the tips and advices he gives in performance, audience management and how to make more money doing magic.

That's what I want to see in a dvd because I have like 4 books in my shelf full of tricks and routines (most of them variations of classic tricks) that I never even read. (Will do when I have some time, probably when I'm 65 and retired...)

Anway, here is a photo of me and David at Valongo, Portugal back in 2007.

It's been a while!

Will post my review in this thread as soon as I get it. If you do before me you can add yours below ;)

now go check the trailer here, the f*cker even kisses a hot asian girl! :p

http://bit.ly/davidstone

Jul 7, 2008
Norway
I'm so looking forward to this. I love his stuff. I remember the first time I saw him. He appeared on Norwegian TV a few months after I started doing magic. It was awesome, and I was fooled. This made me wanna do even more magic. It's a clip from his performance in Norway on the trailer, he transforms a balloon into a bottle.

Aug 31, 2007
He does that all the time, my friend bought the device to load bottles. Pretty useful thing to carry around, and the reactions are priceless.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Romeo....that is probably the funniest thing I've heard all week. Hilarious...ha ha.

Anyway...I'm pretty excited for this as well. There are a lot of new things coming out. So many to pick from.

Sep 1, 2007
LOL!

Asian card flourishing wankers in canada = canasians

they are so damn talented :p

Being a Canadian Asian myself, that's the first to ever hear the that term coined "Canasians"! I love it!

BTW, looking forward to your review on The Real Secrets of David Stone.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
This will be a review that many of us are waiting on so please take your time and write a good one....ha ha. No pressure on you or anything.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results