THE REVOLUTION CUT!

Aug 15, 2017
I have been doing the revolution cut for years now.
But I always had a flaw that I overlooked, because it was nothing major or something that would hinder me...mainly because rev cut is not my fave one-handed cut.
And before you guys try to help me...one more thing...this ''problem'' does not happen every time. Sometimes it happens, sometimes I nail the cut perfectly like a badass...but I prefer 100% accuracy over 50%...thank you :) :) :)
The problem is as follows:-
I successfully divide the deck into 2 with my thumb. I successfully push the lower packet towards my thumb with my ring finger. I successfully grip the OTHER packet with my ring and index fingers. NOW WHEN I LET IT GO-----so that I can let the OTHER packet (the one that was previously lower packet but now WILL be upper packet) go down and complete the cut-----when I let that packet go, it does not land perfectly on my palm. Instead it lands in a way that almost spills the lower edge of it from the side of my palm closer to my body. THEN I let the other packet land on it to complete the cut.
So basically, if I named the original upper packet X and original lower packet Y...when my ring and index let go of X, it does not land in a way that makes the deck almost squared up when I let Y go.

If I still did not manage to communicate my problem correctly, just help me knowing that my revolution cut is NOT NEAT. The final product I mean, is not neat...other than that, I don't have cards spilling over or I have no problem in letting the ring and index finger grip X or something. It is just not really clean.
And that too in a way that looks not too bad, I mean it is okay, mostly because I don't do it too often (love the Charlier and Judo flip more)...

HOWEVER HOWEVER HOWEVER...
I see that most packet flourishes require revolution cuts, and it does not look too good when I nail that eye candy of a flourish BUT due to a messy rev cut, the deck looks sloppy at the END (keep in mind that it looks okay while the cut is in process).
So I feel I really need to look into it now.
So can you guys tell me (if you understood me that is XD ) how to do it better? Like, maybe the tilt of my hands is wrong or maybe there's something I should pay attention too...any help would be appreciated.

THANK YOU!!!
:D

Jul 26, 2016
Lord Magic,

It would be helpful to see you doing the cut to analyze why it is not ending up clean. When I do the cut, I grip X between my left thumb and index finger and maintain that grip until the completion of the cut, rotating X counterclockwise after the packets have cleared one another. In other words, I do not try to get Y to land flush and aligned on top of X, but rather focus on getting X aligned underneath Y. A little squeeze at the end where the left thumb is pushing on the corner of X in the counterclockwise direction, while the third and fourth fingers of left hand simultaneously push Y in a clockwise direction brings the packets into neat alignment - at least for me. I don't know if this will solve your dilemma, but I guess it's worth a try...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results