The right tubing for my Tube Act. Help

Nov 21, 2018
Awhile back I acquired detailed instructions from Matt 'The Tube' Crowley on how to build his pump that he used in his famous Tube Act while he was a performer in the Jim Rose Circus Show. I have zero engineering or machinist skills, so I've decided to pay someone to build it for me.

The main issue I'm having is what size tubing I should get. I know that Matt used Tygon R-1000 tubing. 5/16 OD, 3/16 ID.

I've been experimenting with both "1/4 OD, 170 ID" and "5/16 OD, 3/16 ID" Vinyl tubing. I can't get the 1/4 into my nose, and since the 5/16 is thicker, I'm guessing that won't work either. Would Tygon R-1000 tubing be the better option? Apparently Tygon tubing is much softer and more flexible than Vinyl, so I'm assuming that Tygon will go in a lot easier.

I'm really concerned about decreasing the size of the tubing as I fear that it will make it more harder for the fluid to flow through it. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about this subject? How much softer is Tygon compared to Vinyl?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results