The steps to flourishing?

Okay guys here are my thoughts. I have been doing "magic" for about 4 years now. Ever since i got past the birthday set my grandparents gave me, I've had a pack of cards in my pocket.

I always 'play' with he cards. BUt what do i do? shuffle, and spring the cards. In time i have picked up some flourishes- one handed cut, hot shot cut and Long distance spinner to name a few. But my problem with all these fancy flourishes is how do you effectively practice? I can hardly remember the steps for these crazy card manipulations, yet alone perform them. I just want to know the basic steps you take to learn all of them. I mean, do you just practice in the mirror like other tricks, video, or what. Anything you can tell me will help. I've started to take more interest in card manipulating and I want to further my learning. Thanks in advance.

what kind of flourishes do you like? Multi-packet D&D stuff or armspread 1 handed devo stuff.
If its the first one get the second disk of the trilogy or the system whichever teaching style you like.
If its the second get XB(extreme begginers) or the flourish bible.
Robbie

Sep 1, 2007
oh my god, did you seriously just ask, how do you practice?

assuming you're serious, I will give you the obvious answer: get the learning material* and follow along with the steps described. do them over and over until you get consistent.

*for where to buy your learning material see the sticky at the top of this forum, "New to flourishing? Click here!"

Loz

Oct 5, 2007
Northampton, England
If I've misunderstood you I apologise, but asking how to practice is similar to asking how to breathe. You just do it.

I presume you have some kind of learning material, a DVD a book or whatever - you sit down (or stand up), watch the DVD, mimic the actions til you get half decent and can remember the sequence, then just keep repeating it til you have it looking nice. It's not that hard mate.

you guys have some good humor. I wasn't asking how to practice, but more. Effectively practicing it. I guess i'll go with the answer of watch the video and mimic it. But that has so far been unsuccessful for me. Sure, I'll continue with it, but anything in particular you do that is not so obvious that wold help?

I practice a little different from the average other kid. So I'm just asking how i break this wall that i've hit. And do you think, that some people just can't do this...or is it a matter of time and practice will pay off for me? Thanks.

Loz

Oct 5, 2007
Northampton, England
It sounds like you're just getting frustrated because you can't pick the move up straight away. Unfortunately you need to get used to it, because unless you're learning a charlier cut there is NO WAY that you will have that move down and looking good straight away. You just need to persevere.

I hope that's what you mean lol.

Sep 1, 2007
there is also a fabled "search function" that will help you to find similarily (insert derogatory term here) threads like this one, which many many many theory 11 n00bs have made before.

Should you ask how to use the search function, I will douse myself in fanning powder and light myself on fire in protest. Just a heads up. ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results