The System - A good place to start?

Nov 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
So I haven't ever been heavily into flourishing but i want to start going into it more heavily. I own Xtreme Beginners and it was good and all but it doesn't teach much on what i really want to learn, which is two handed cuts. The problem is i don't really know where to start so i was thinking the system but i hear its harder than average to learn from, which wouldn't be best for me, as im a beginner to two handed cuts =/.

If you have any other suggestions on where to start, it would be much appreciated :).

Jul 14, 2008
If you are a beginner, then I suggest you learn the sybil first and it can be taught by Cardshark88 in youtube, you also need to know the revolution cuts, and charlier cut to help you prepared in The System. However, if you own Trilogy, then you can go to disc three, flourishes 101 which makes your life easier. Hope that it helps you.

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
hey, glad ur into 2 handed cuts. Anyways, i suggest you learn stuff like the swivel cut and 190 helix first. Those are the most basic 2h cuts that have swing cuts and pivots and all that. If u've already learned those, i guess the system might be good. I dont own it myself but i have heard great things about it. But if ur the type of person who needs text or speech to learn well then this isnt the dvd for u. In the system, they only go in slow motion for you to follow along. but they have over the shoulder angles and stuff. Personally, i am able to learn from that but most beginners have trouble learning stuff without the aid of text or speech. if you do get the system, i suggest you start with the molecule cuts. I dont know if these are the easiest cuts on the dvd but since the molecule 4 was the easiest of the trilogy, i'm guessing the molecules are easy. Theres also alot of extras, including a dvd of dan and dave when they were younger, explaining soe cuts with speech (kryptonite, west coast chaos, etc).

Hope that helps =)

P.S. If byou do get the system, make sure you stick it in the computer too! I've heard theres actually bonus pdf files teach tricks! like subway and realtime!

meir

Banned
Dec 8, 2007
it is a great start but you need to know the basics which are all taught on disc 3 on the trilogy and you need to know sybil sooner or later

Nov 1, 2007
Don't listen to these guys; The System is a great place to start. Knowing a Sybil beforehand is good, but definitely not required, period. I picked up The System the second day it came out, not knowing anything about card flourishes, but since everything is taught so incredibly well on The System, I learned really quickly (and I'm a lefty - that's how good the teaching is). Pick it up, it's a fine place to start.

Nov 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Thanks for all the replies :D i think my next purchase will have to be the system and possibly the trilogy at the same time :p, as i know for sure ill be purchasing the trilogy in the future and the things it teaches on disk 3 seem to be very helpful before jumping into the system.

Thanks for all the help!

Jan 27, 2008
Thanks for all the replies :D i think my next purchase will have to be the system and possibly the trilogy at the same time :p, as i know for sure ill be purchasing the trilogy in the future and the things it teaches on disk 3 seem to be very helpful before jumping into the system.

Thanks for all the help!
If you don't know a revolution cut, don't get the system. It will be too hard to learn from.
Don't learn the sybil from cardshark88, he teaches it wrong. Learn it from tooc or something.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results