The tarbell course in magic set... were do i start?

Nov 27, 2017
Hi all jack aka loper here and I was reccommend the Tarbell course in magic so i asked for it for christmas... and i got the whole set! I am very happy that i got these! But my question is it looks and as i am reading very confusing to read in my opioion! So i was wondering which vol should i start with if i want to start imroving my magic skills! And how do i make easier to read for me...! Thanks so much! Jack aka loper out

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
So, am I the only one thinking, "How about starting with Volume 1?"

Much of the writing in Tarbell is from the 1920s, so it is a bit dated. However, the methods are not dated. Read what is written and use you imagination to understand how the effect works and then imagine how you would present that effect today -- using a different presentation or even different props. With the theory / advice, take it and think about whether it applies today or why it doesn't.

You can start at the beginning and read through all the volumes. That is probably the best way. At the end, you will know more about magic than most magicians. Also, you can use the books as a reference and use the index in Volume 8 to find effects that interest you.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results