The Weekly Debate...

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Will Youtube Kill Us?
No, but it won't do us any good.

What is the Difference between camera tricks and camera editing?
Camera tricks includes any kind of trickery which would work only for camera, such as flicking or shaking something out of the camera's. Video editing is essentially trickery through modifying the video itself, for example, cutting two clips together and making them seem like one.

Is Camera Editing bad?
Just camera editing? Why would that be bad?

Are Custom cards Bad?
No. I live in the UK. Most people aren't even used to seeing Bikes.

WHY DOES DAVID BLAINE WEAR CASUAL DENIM JEANS?
He doesn't. It's an illusion.

Huruey

Will Youtube Kill Us?
No, but it won't do us any good.

What is the Difference between camera tricks and camera editing?
Camera tricks includes any kind of trickery which would work only for camera, such as flicking or shaking something out of the camera's. Video editing is essentially trickery through modifying the video itself, for example, cutting two clips together and making them seem like one.

Is Camera Editing bad?
Just camera editing? Why would that be bad?

Are Custom cards Bad?
No. I live in the UK. Most people aren't even used to seeing Bikes.

WHY DOES DAVID BLAINE WEAR CASUAL DENIM JEANS?
He doesn't. It's an illusion.

Huruey

Although I did find this funny those were not actually the real questions. Those were just some made up ones. The first 2 questions are as follows.

1: "Will Youtube and other video sites kill magic."
2: "Should someone, when making a magic video, perform for a live audiance."

Those are the questions at hand.

Oct 30, 2007
MA
Not sure if anyone has brought this up but magic is not just about the secret of a trick but more of a combination of performance art and then the trick. So while people can show you the secret of a trick on youtube, there's one thing they will never be able to show you, and that is your own unique way of performing the trick. So will youtube kill magic? No, magic is in you, it's what you make it. Also, most of the people who are watching the secrets on youtube are either into magic already or are most likely the people who would want to spoil your trick in the first place even without youtube, so you simply ignore this type of crowd as you would regularly. (just a note about magicians watching youtube for secrets, I think it's okay as long as you buy the trick and use youtube as maybe a different perspective on the trick, so if he is doing something wrong on the video then make sure you don't do whatever he is doing wrong, and vica versa.)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results