The Wheel 2023

Jan 4, 2018
Lowkey would fit the Willy wonka theme
yes , but it means no wheel . it will end all the fun everyone got by spinning the free wheel every 24 hours !! i will be pretty sad if that happens . and it looks like thats going to happen otherwise they would have started the wheel already it starts between 1-11 dec but it didnt start so looks like there wont be any wheel from now on

Jul 3, 2020
In my humble opinion this is probably the year when the wheel makes the most sense because of the enormous amount of new theory11 products available, all the new collabs, etc. And yet no wheel. Although, as to whether it's been discontinued, I got quite the opposite impression from the instagram posts. 4 hours ago someone wrote "no wheel?" And t11 wrote back "soon!" Still I'm shook by the delay. All I can do is pray to the wheel gods for the swift arrival of the greatest holiday wheel history has ever seen.

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
yes , but it means no wheel . it will end all the fun everyone got by spinning the free wheel every 24 hours !! i will be pretty sad if that happens . and it looks like thats going to happen otherwise they would have started the wheel already it starts between 1-11 dec but it didnt start so looks like there wont be any wheel from now on
In all seriousness I was kidding

I do think the wheel will return

Jan 4, 2018
In my humble opinion this is probably the year when the wheel makes the most sense because of the enormous amount of new theory11 products available, all the new collabs, etc. And yet no wheel. Although, as to whether it's been discontinued, I got quite the opposite impression from the instagram posts. 4 hours ago someone wrote "no wheel?" And t11 wrote back "soon!" Still I'm shook by the delay. All I can do is pray to the wheel gods for the swift arrival of the greatest holiday wheel history has ever seen.
yes , i hope it comes soon , it will be sad if it discontinues , its a theory 11 speciality , basically like a event

Dec 23, 2019
yes , i hope it comes soon , it will be sad if it discontinues , its a theory 11 speciality , basically like a event
It's literally the one thing that reminds me of and gets me interested in the site again every year.
Without the wheel, I'll probably forget this place exists.

Reactions: jakob_e

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
The wheel AWAKENS... with a fresh, new twist in the spirit of Mr. Wonka! We call it the Eleven of Spades. Think of it like an elusive, exclusive trading card, each printed with a unique alphanumeric code that determines your future. One 11S is included with each shipped product until December 31st. It starts... NOW.

https://www.theory11.com/holiday/contest

(and yep, you can get a free spin each day - hit the button and check your email!)

Aristotilean

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2018
The wheel AWAKENS... with a fresh, new twist in the spirit of Mr. Wonka! We call it the Eleven of Spades. Think of it like an elusive, exclusive trading card, each printed with a unique alphanumeric code that determines your future. One 11S is included with each shipped product until December 31st. It starts... NOW.

https://www.theory11.com/holiday/contest

(and yep, you can get a free spin each day - hit the button and check your email!)
Thank you for this update—very exciting. Something you might want to be cognizant of with this new system—it would seem that folks could cheat it by “sharing” or “consolidating” free daily spin codes (unless those are internally marked differently than ones associated with purchased cards). That wasn’t an issue with the old system because the button you pressed was unique to a specific account.

Don’t mean to criticize or to create extra work, just want to make sure that the system is fair since y’all are so generous at this time of year.

CWhite

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2016
Thank you for this update—very exciting. Something you might want to be cognizant of with this new system—it would seem that folks could cheat it by “sharing” or “consolidating” free daily spin codes (unless those are internally marked differently than ones associated with purchased cards). That wasn’t an issue with the old system because the button you pressed was unique to a specific account.

Don’t mean to criticize or to create extra work, just want to make sure that the system is fair since y’all are so generous at this time of year.
However, the previous incarnation allowed you to create multiple accounts to increase your chances of winning.
This prevents that by using an email code AND requiring valid photo ID.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City

Each code is good for exactly one spin! So after it's used, it's done for.

Aristotilean

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2018
However, the previous incarnation allowed you to create multiple accounts to increase your chances of winning.
This prevents that by using an email code AND requiring valid photo ID.
Unfortunately, the new system doesn’t prevent those issues either though. Photo ID was always required to the best of my knowledge. Now, people abusing the system can could just create shell accounts and funnel codes into one main account to accumulate elite points.

I do agree that the emailing the code is an improvement because it makes cheating more burdensome and thus disincentivizes it.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Unfortunately, the new system doesn’t prevent those issues either though. Photo ID was always required to the best of my knowledge. Now, people abusing the system can could just create shell accounts and funnel codes into one main account to accumulate elite points.

I do agree that the emailing the code is an improvement because it makes cheating more burdensome and thus disincentivizes it.
Our team monitors these things closely (both manually and automatically), and any attempts to cheat the system will be disqualified, points removed to zero altogether, and banned from the contest for a thousand years - so I would highly suggest against it! Of course, there will always be some that try to ruin the fun, but all physical prizes are verified manually, and all point prizes are subject to the same verification. If there is a clear attempt to take advantage of the contest, we'll act quickly to prevent it.

frozono9

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2014
Barcelona
Makes sense, however what happens to those of us that don't live in the US (and thus stuff that we buy will probably arrive after the Xmas season)?

Aristotilean

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2018
Our team monitors these things closely (both manually and automatically), and any attempts to cheat the system will be disqualified, points removed to zero altogether, and banned from the contest for a thousand years - so I would highly suggest against it! Of course, there will always be some that try to ruin the fun, but all physical prizes are verified manually, and all point prizes are subject to the same verification. If there is a clear attempt to take advantage of the contest, we'll act quickly to prevent it.
Wonderful! Sorry to stir up this conversation—just wanted to prevent any unforeseen abuse of the new system. Thanks for bringing the wheel back!

Merry spinning everyone!

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Makes sense, however what happens to those of us that don't live in the US (and thus stuff that we buy will probably arrive after the Xmas season)?
The wheel will continue to work until your order arrives safe and sound in January! New codes will end on December 31st, but you'll still have time to use an existing code after that, in case your order gets delayed in shipping, etc. No worries!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results