The Wire Reviews

GarethNg

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2011
Hey guys,

It has come to my attention that many of the 'reviews' on the Wire are actually not reviews and rather comments. For example, my friend submitted one or two reviews on The Wire under my name basically as spam. It would make sense if you had to verify purchasing. He also submitted false reviews without the purchase of the effects. It would help so that people who want to know what they're getting. It is very misleading if people say it's bad and they don't know what it really is. I would like there to be better control to review an effect or maybe add a comments area.

Feb 18, 2011
Hey guys,

It has come to my attention that many of the 'reviews' on the Wire are actually not reviews and rather comments. For example, my friend submitted one or two reviews on The Wire under my name basically as spam. It would make sense if you had to verify purchasing. He also submitted false reviews without the purchase of the effects. It would help so that people who want to know what they're getting. It is very misleading if people say it's bad and they don't know what it really is. I would like there to be better control to review an effect or maybe add a comments area.

I agree! If anyone can post reviews that kinda defeats the purpose. To write a review you should have purchased the effect and know exactly how everything works. Not just watched the trailer and just leave a comment, not a review. I think the artist should have control over the "reviews" and "comments". Maybe after logging into your store account you then can write up a review on the effect you purchased.

I disagree.

I think bad reviews inspire change. We all need to be kept on our toes as Theory11 have a massive following. So if something isn't right in our crediting, performance, or preview. I think it's best if we know about it.

That way, when we do another submission, we can work out what worked and what didn't.
You won't be able to please everybody in life, and 3 bad ratings and 3 good ratings is just as good as 6 good ratings.

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about" - Oscar Wilde

Feb 18, 2011
I disagree.

I think bad reviews inspire change. We all need to be kept on our toes as Theory11 have a massive following. So if something isn't right in our crediting, performance, or preview. I think it's best if we know about it.

That way, when we do another submission, we can work out what worked and what didn't.
You won't be able to please everybody in life, and 3 bad ratings and 3 good ratings is just as good as 6 good ratings.

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about" - Oscar Wilde

Im not saying bad reviews are..bad. Its great! All opinions should always be accepted. Just I don't think you should be able to 'review' the effect if you only have watched the trailer and not the explanation the method and try it out yourself. I mean the word review is to go over everything you just purchased..if you didn't buy it then who are you to review it? :)

Great job!

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
Completely agree. At the very least it should have a certification or note that it was actually purchased by the person reviewing it. Maybe having someone working for T11 confirming whether or not they have purchased it, as they have access to this information.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I can understand what everyone is saying. Somebody could totally sabotage an effect without even knowing the method and that is not fair. My question is about those who the creator has taught the effect to free of charge, outside of the Wire. Is it worth it to deny them the privilege of commenting on an effect that they do know? Just a thought :)

GarethNg

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2011
I can understand what everyone is saying. Somebody could totally sabotage an effect without even knowing the method and that is not fair. My question is about those who the creator has taught the effect to free of charge, outside of the Wire. Is it worth it to deny them the privilege of commenting on an effect that they do know? Just a thought :)

Anything other than reviews should be posted in a forum. This includes questions and comments for people who have not purchased the effect or need information prior to the purchase to help them decide. This is much easier because looking at '1 star' reviews can be misleading and do not show what the effect really is and the practicality etc.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Maybe I should change the word I used from "commenting" to "reviewing" because I can see my meaning wasn't clear.

If I taught my effect "Unbuttoned" to a group of magicians in a lecture I don't see any problem in mentioning that "Unbuttoned" is also on the Wire. If they like what they learned they can go rate and review my effect online.

Also if the reviews were limited to only those who purchased the effect the creator wouldn't be able to rate their own effect.

GarethNg

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2011
Maybe I should change the word I used from "commenting" to "reviewing" because I can see my meaning wasn't clear.

If I taught my effect "Unbuttoned" to a group of magicians in a lecture I don't see any problem in mentioning that "Unbuttoned" is also on the Wire. If they like what they learned they can go rate and review my effect online.

Also if the reviews were limited to only those who purchased the effect the creator wouldn't be able to rate their own effect.

But what is the point of rating your own effect?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results