The world's hardest and longest card cut

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
I'm sorry to be the one to say this but your cut's (for the most part) don't look good. You're not really creating anything new, just doing old moves and giving them spacey names. I don't like your work because it's not good, it's as simple as that. Any flourisher of a competent skill level will tell you that you need way more structure and fluidity.

I don't say the things I say to be a rude, I say them because I believe it's true. I give praise to anyone that clearly deserves it, and if you searched my posts you would see that. Too many people play nice and praise dog **** magic these days. We should all be committed to moving magic forward and sometimes that means peoples feelings might get hurt.

May 19, 2009
I'm sorry to be the one to say this but your cut's (for the most part) don't look good. You're not really creating anything new, just doing old moves and giving them spacey names. I don't like your work because it's not good, it's as simple as that. Any flourisher of a competent skill level will tell you that you need way more structure and fluidity.

I don't say the things I say to be a rude, I say them because I believe it's true. I give praise to anyone that clearly deserves it, and if you searched my posts you would see that. Too many people play nice and praise dog **** magic these days. We should all be committed to moving magic forward and sometimes that means peoples feelings might get hurt.

Really formula? Well maybe you will like this better. That was just the basic version how about the advanced version? I have been doing cardistry for many years and well over 5000 hours so I think I know what I am doing. I choose this as my life its something I work very hard at so you should give respect to that, and theres 3 new styles of cardistry I am keeping secret right now that I have been working on for a couple years that I will only tell a select few because I will be making dvds on it. I will be pushing cardistry forward I promise you that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KSdMWyzFcE&feature=plcp

Really formula? Well maybe you will like this better. That was just the basic version how about the advanced version? I have been doing cardistry for many years and well over 5000 hours so I think I know what I am doing. I choose this as my life its something I work very hard at so you should give respect to that, and theres 3 new styles of cardistry I am keeping secret right now that I have been working on for a couple years that I will only tell a select few because I will be making dvds on it. I will be pushing cardistry forward I promise you that.

Many people have done much more difficult things for a much longer period of time and are still very inadequate at it. I wouldn't say 'experience' that is measured in time gives you any real grounds, and it usually just breeds arrogance. Additionally, I don't see how formula is disrespecting what you're doing. If I don't respect someone, I smile at them and play along; or I make them feel bad by showing the falseness of how I interact with them; and I will never think about them seriously. If I respect someone, I will look them in the eye and tell them what's up when something is up even when I know they don't want to hear it. I'd be astonished if you don't do the first thing to people you don't respect or if you haven't at least seen that in action. I always find it much worse when people mess with you like that then if they were to be hostile. Also think about the advice you find in card books pertaining to family reactions. They tell you to not take them too seriously as they can bad when they are either too harsh or too nice!

There is nothing wrong with trying to do something and putting a lot of effort and care into it, but do be careful your hubris doesn't destroy you like Oedipus.

Finally, I'd have to say I don't really like your cuts all that much as well. The style is very odd in a visually unappealing way; the best way I can put it is that it looks like you're milking the cuts for all they're worth, and it doesn't turn out great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time

So you admit to it being nothing much more than magical wankery.

Look, I may not be into XCM or flourishing, but what you did was neither. Usually with most XCM and flourishes there is some substance and flair to it. What you did was the equivalent of a small child running around in circles and saying "Look what I can do!" As I mentioned earlier, I give you some credit for being able to the do the cuts and I doubt those cuts took as long as you keep saying they took. Specially sense half the time you're just moving your hands around, while twirling the packets. Which doesn't have any practical value and isn't pretty at all.

But if you think I am wrong, then here's a test. Do those exact same cuts in front spectators, not magicians, do them the exact same way you did them in the video and then take note with what the spectators said and did during the time.

Feb 7, 2011

Man, If you really want to live up to the hype you're building around yourself, you need to look into an online marketing course. Themagicaltrevor.com isn't what you'd call an attractive website name. Sounds it would have a shoddy windows clip art rabbit in a top hat, and a store that only sells thumb tips, that are out of stock. And try not to add in cheesy quotes about how potential is as infinite as the universe, but if you must, dont make them your own quotes! And i dont care if you're Quentin Tarantino, im not watching a 15 minute trailer. Are you crazy. I stopped watching after about a minute. Less than a minute, and i love cardistry and cardistry videos. You want to push the art forward and you cant keep my attention for more than a minute? That video needs to be taken down, re-edited, and 13 and a half minutes need to be left on the cutting room floor.

Now if you truly believe in your work then more power to you. But dont get ahead of yourself.

And i know people who have been driving for years, and they are still horrible drivers, but they think they know what they're doing. Dont assume that you're an expert because you've been at something a while. And dont think that just because you chose something as your life's work that it should be respected. Respect is earned.

Ill be keeping myself up to date with your projects.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
I will be pushing cardistry forward I promise you that.
Right now you're pushing cardistry backwards so if you push it forward a bit you'll still only be where Dan & Dave were 15 years ago.

I do actually wish you the best but based on the videos you have online you're yet to add anything to cardistry. I also like your idea of "cluster" cuts making "star" cuts then "star" cuts making "galaxy" cuts, I think there's a fair amount of potential in that. Go to Kardistry.com, there are kids that have been flourishing for 1-2 years that have a better foundation than you.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
The cuts aren't really my style but kudos to you for creating your space man character. Very unique

May 19, 2009
This post was about the worlds hardest and longest card cut. It was not about how great my marketing was, or how visually appealing my cut was, or my foundation, or anything else for that matter it was only about that it is the worlds hardest and longest cut. You might hate that, you might think I am even bragging, or I am arrogant, but it has nothing to do with that! Its the truth! I have seen countless videos. 1000s of cardistry videos over the years and no one went in the direction of trying to do this, but for me I did for 7 years!

I will continue to work on this cut until I finish the universe cut which is this cut mega star combo # 1 with its friends mega star combos 2,3,4 which I have finished but have not perfected. The universe cut will be about 30 minutes for the basic version and 1 hour for the advance version. I dont care whether you like it that is up to you. J5 which dan and dave did which is one of the longest and hardest cuts that you have seen is about 1 minute or less. If you can find something harder or longer than it than by all means prove me wrong!

May 19, 2009
trevor i personally loved it nice job cant wait for your dvd

thanks you!

My first dvd will be Galaxy Cuts Alpha: Beginners, My 2nd Dvd will be Galaxy Cuts Alpha with mega star combo # 1 with about 20 flourishes and magic tricks , and my third will be Galaxy cuts alpha advanced with mega star combo # 1 the advanced version with tons of flourishes and magic

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Out of curiosity, do you ever plan to perform this cut for audiences? I'm kind of curious how you plan to make a card cut even remotely interesting for 30 minutes. 'Cause honestly, I struggle to remain interested for longer than say, 30 seconds when it comes to cardistry.

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
Cardistry is a lot like pen spinning. It catches the attention and people go "do it again". You do some moves again and they go "cool" or whatever. but if you continue for more than 20 seconds it becomes really redundant.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
It looks to me like the only thing that makes this cut difficult is the length. It doesn't really look like it compares with the complexity of say Pandora or even the intricacies in a Leno cut. Both of those could take a year or more to get down. Your cuts look like an intermediate cardistry guy could get them down by their second or third try as long as they were watching you. That isn't hard to me.

I don't mean to cut you down as an artist but It isn't my cup of tea. I don't think a cut that takes a half hour to perform is worth my time when there are so many other cool cuts out there.

Jun 26, 2009
Wow

Although i would never use that cut as a whole (just too long) i would DEFINITELY use MANY parts of it as stand alone flourishes. Everything that made-up that cut was awesome and i give you mad props for that. You are a very great flourisher but my only comment would be to ditch the space suit... For me it felt a little strange although it DID go with the overall atmosphere (no pun intended) of the video.

Overall great job,

-Zach

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results