Theory11 2007 Magician Of The Year

Hey guys,

From now until next monday, Dec. 17'th, I will be taking PM's from members on who they think the best magician of 2007 is/was and why. Next tuesday I will post a poll with the names of the top 5 most nominated magicians and the winner of that poll will be named the 2007 Theory11 Forum Member's Magician of the Year. They will recieve a special image made by myself as well as a list of comments from members as to why they belive this individual deserves the title.

This is open to ALL magicians, not just T11 staff... so get your pm's coming!

The poll will last for one week (until Christmas Eve) and I will inform the winner of the title as well as giving him or her the image and comments. If I am unable to contact the winner I will post all info here and request that someone get it to them.

Hope you guys like the idea!

SharpestLives

Aug 31, 2007
California
How about 2007 T11 user of the year?

As in in the forums...?

Magician is quite a big topic to be taking PM's from and may cause a big confusion.

Keenan

How about 2007 T11 user of the year?

As in in the forums...?

Magician is quite a big topic to be taking PM's from and may cause a big confusion.

Keenan

That is a good idea but look at what user "One-up manship" did over at E... you had a bunch of kids crawling on each other and writing crappy articles to try and become an Apex... I know because a year ago I was one..

Sharp

Aug 31, 2007
California
That is a good idea but look at what user "One-up manship" did over at E... you had a bunch of kids crawling on each other and writing crappy articles to try and become an Apex... I know because a year ago I was one..

Sharp

Very true, but that was over a time span.

I see nothing wrong with it if it is a one time thing and the users vote.

Keenan

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
For the "Forum user of the year" it should be the person who has made the biggest difference. Maybe they've posted some great essays, maybe they've been really helpful in all areas of the forum, or maybe you just think they're a cool person, but I like that idea.

Well, I'll think about my idea for Magician of the year, but it would sort of be hard to say member of the year since this site has only been around for 4* months. It would be fun to have a competition though, I'd be all for it.

I'll PM with my nominees later.

-Happy Holidays,
-RA69

Last edited by a moderator:

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I am extremely ADD and there is no way I can read through that many posts... haha

I cannot really explain why but the orginal plan is muuch easier for me to keep up with.

Sharp

Talk to people, try and get a "Top 10" list of the users people would vote for, and then make a poll out of it, and let the forum users decide.

Talk to people, try and get a "Top 10" list of the users people would vote for, and then make a poll out of it, and let the forum users decide.

Jim's idea was a different way of counting the posts for MAGICIAN of the year. Many people have stated that the forums are to young for a user of the year and I agree. Seeing as the forum is only 9 months old a user of the year is technically impossible...

Sharp

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Jim's idea was a different way of counting the posts for MAGICIAN of the year. Many people have stated that the forums are to young for a user of the year and I agree. Seeing as the forum is only 9 months old a user of the year is technically impossible...

Sharp

Ohhh, my bad.
However, the Theory 11 forums are only 4 months old. ;)

Wait is it like a magician from the ARTISTS section? I'm confused lol.

How about magician of the month? Magician of the year seems to long to me... ;)

Because 2007 is coming to an end, magician of the month would be irrelevent and take way to much work.

As I said, ANY and ALL magicians are eligible, i've already had one guy vote for himself.

Keep the pm's coming,
Sharp

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results