Theory11 IRC Chat (Unofficial)

May 16, 2008
Hey everyone. I just made a Theory 11 unofficial IRC chat for anyone interested in chatting. I realize several other sites have chat rooms, however I feel that they are all insufficient compared to the power of IRC. The only thing that I feel it lacks is video chat, however you can use the IRC channel to find people and then go on www.mebeam.com and have video chat. The problem with solely using mebeam is that it only allows up to 8 people I believe, and as you can see, this site has many more than that who might want to chat at once. This is an experiment and if any of the mod's have a problem with it just let me know and I'll shut it down ASAP. I also searched to see if anyone had tried this yet but searching for 'IRC' returned nothing.

Anyways, here are the connection details.
Server: DALnet (irc.dal.net)
Channel: #theory11

Connection instructions for new users.
Download mIRC - www.mirc.com (or any other IRC program that you prefer, I feel that mIRC is the most user friendly.).
Install
Connect to DALnet (you can choose it from the list or simply type '/server irc.dal.net')
Join the channel by typing '/join #theory11'

Sep 3, 2007
I can't figure out what to do. I go to dalnet and it takes me to efnet, is something wrong or am I technologicaly impared.
EDIT: I figured out how to get to Dalnet, now I'm seeing if I can get the rest to work.

May 16, 2008
Sounds somewhat nice except for "full version is 50 bucks." I'd personally rather use IRC anyway and then just meet up with certain people for video chat. After all not everyone has webcams.

EDIT: 7 people are on the IRC chat so far, come join us!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Hey guys, we need more people to come join us! It's been great fun so far and we've had a few discussions, tips have been shared and everyone's really friendly!

We've got a general channel and I've just set-up a Card Magic channel. This channel is set to invite only and exposure is strictly prohibited. Yes we have fun, yes we help each other but we're not an exposure IRC. :) You can ask other people for help with moves privately or just talk about your routine etc.

We can get other channels set-up but we need more people to get things going.

If paying for an IRC-client doesn't sound good to you, try HydraIRC.

Download HydraIRC HERE <--- It's FREE

We hope you come join us, make some friends and have some great discussions. :D

- Sean

May 16, 2008
We have some interesting things planned for the future like interviews with famous (and not-so-famous) magicians where others can submit questions to be asked. ThrallMind is also coding a trivia bot (and much more) for us that will provide us all with an insightful magic trivia game to play, among other things.

Oh and don't worry, we'll of course post the chat logs on the forum of any interviews that we may hold.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results