Theory11 Sponsorship

Sep 1, 2007
Good point , there are a lot of other things to be interested besides magic. If "cardistry" as a term doesn't encompass magic, then that's one. pen spinning, breakdancing, plenty of cool vids for all. :)

I still don't see the problem even if every mo-fo on the planet wanted to visit this site.

I hope you are really joking about letting pretty much everyone visit this site. Not everyone that visits a magic site would leave in a second if they were not into magic or curious because if they weren't, then there was no reason for them to even come to the site in the first place. From the amount of people that would visit T-11, probably a few might join in to perform magic, but at what cost would it be for all the ones who will expose the things we do?

Instead of just telling everyone about T-11 to come here and figure things out, you can help the ones who are genuinely interested in doing magic and not just exposing it. Even with that, theres no need for sponsors as magicians, unless you will be on television or doing a big show on stage.

By having a large amount of people coming here that are not here to learn, but just to figure out how and to expose it, it would backfire on us all. The more people know the harder it will be for you. For instance, if you were doing a magic effect for someone, then they stop you and expose how its done or tells you they know it already. Thats fine if it was one person, but what if you went to someone else and the same thing happened on the same day? Its just going to grow and grow, then magic will be like a Starbucks, its everywhere and everyone knows it.

- Charles :cool: "Watch, as I magically take my thumb off and put it back on."

Sep 3, 2007
Norway
Good point , there are a lot of other things to be interested besides magic. If "cardistry" as a term doesn't encompass magic, then that's one.

Exactly! Me? I'm a card collector. Not a collector of old, used and rare cards, but one of good looking cards. I like to discuss such cards too! ;) Therefore, I do not hope magicians around here and at E's forums will hunt me down and shoot me just because I'm not into magic.

Sep 1, 2007
Ok, well the way I see this is sponsors aren't supposed to be put on a shirt or something, it's for promoting to other magicians at the same time as getting your ideas as well as your name out there for stuff, get some footage of you performing/ teaching maybe even mentoring younger magicians is what a sponsorship would be for. They can give free decks to the sponsor-ees (haha) if they wanted to so they could perform with them, but I think it would be a good marketing strategy to have younger magicians appeal to younger magicians

The new generation of magic is upon us, I know there's going to be people that have a hard time agreeing with that, but a younger generation is coming and whether the older magicians like it or not it's on a rise, Wayne I consider the very start of the younger generation, so if T11 does do sponsorships and includes younger magicians in their videos I think we'll see a bigger boom and business, and seriously, I think this site alone is enough to fend off all the kids that want to be cool and expose magic.

Thats my opinion on this whole thing.

~Beans:eek:

Ok, well the way I see this is sponsors aren't supposed to be put on a shirt or something, it's for promoting to other magicians at the same time as getting your ideas as well as your name out there...

That's exactly the point of a sponsorship.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm sponsored from a number of companies for racing motocross/harescrambles.

When I signed the contract, I agreed to display their company. Most of them require you have their stickers on your trailer, helmet, chest protector, and bike. I also have to mention them on all forms I fill out, etc. It is completely about getting their product out there, and so people remember it.

Best.
Steve

Sep 1, 2007
That's exactly the point of a sponsorship.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm sponsored from a number of companies for racing motocross/harescrambles.

When I signed the contract, I agreed to display their company. Most of them require you have their stickers on your trailer, helmet, chest protector, and bike. I also have to mention them on all forms I fill out, etc. It is completely about getting their product out there, and so people remember it.

Best.
Steve

O.k. not the kind of sponsorship I'm talking about, I'm saying we're not trying to advertise to laymen, we're trying to advertise to other magicians, if we wear a T11 shirt lets not have THEORY11.COM on the back of it, just have a big logo or something, so when someone's filming, you can tell it's the Theory 11 website symbol, but if a laymen is looking at your shirt, he can't go home and go on the site.

I meant we're not trying to make it so laymen can find the site, it's to advertise to other magicians that see the video.

~Beans

Unless you are going to be doing magic on TV. Or going to pose for a national advertisement. Sponsorship is not for you.

KE

I totally agree with Katie right there, so much more to the point than my post. I went over board with mine. Once again, Happy birthday Katie.

- Charles :cool: "If I snap my fingers, those candles will light up."

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results