This Is Art

When people tell me that magic is not an art, I smile and ask them "What is art?" Is art something that can be defined? It is like asking "What is real?" There is no true definition. One cannot find the definition. Until now, I haven't been able to find anything that truly defines magic as an art.

Then I watched David Blaine's Above the Below. Before now I had never seen the show. I heard about it along with the controversy surrounding it. After watching it, I knew why magicians call magic art. I strongly recommend you watch the video and buy the DVD to support David Blaine's art.

Buy the DVD here.

I now know why we call magic art, because before now I was just following a trend.

Mitchell

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Good show, but I don't think I will ever be a fan of David's drab performing style. It bores me, but I do think it's great how he connects with the audience, and really makes them believe, even with the simplest effects. But it's a good thing this movie inspired you.

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
art is expressing yourself.

basically everything you can express yourself in is art.

magic
music
dance
painting/drawing
skateboarding
and the list goes on and on.

Aug 31, 2007
California
The show was basically amazing. For one word to describe it.

I have the utmost respect for David after watching this movie. It goes into his thoughts and feelings on magic... on life.

Its inspirational.

Thank you David.

I guess he's right when he says that people won't understand.

Keenan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results