Those Lucky Moments

Sep 6, 2010
Have you ever had a moment when something unexpected happened to you, yet it made the trick even stronger than before. For example, I asked a kid to name a random card out loud. He named the Jack of Diamonds. I was going to take the cards out of the box and fan through the cards and pull the JD out of the deck. But instead, when I turned the deck over, the JD was the bottom card. Everyone flipped out, and it should not have happened. Another one is when performing DRESSCODE. My presentation is when someone names a color out loud, and the shirt changes into that color. Well I got lucky, because the spectator named my force color the first time. It brought up the reactions to a whole new level. Has a similar experience happened to you? Tell us about it! I know people would love to hear it!

Jul 17, 2010
There's been the occasion. "think of a card" and bamm I pull out the exact card!!
I usually don't tell them what's going on, like one time I just asked my buddy to name a card after he said show me something.. and he was like okay. "the five of spades" and I did a sybil cut and the top card I flipped was the "five of spades" he flipped.. I had a pretty good "out" though...... cause the door was pretty close.. :D :p jk.

I'm trying ot think of other occasions that didn't have to do with cards.. haha, but im dead right now haha

Have you ever had a moment when something unexpected happened to you, yet it made the trick even stronger than before. For example, I asked a kid to name a random card out loud. He named the Jack of Diamonds. I was going to take the cards out of the box and fan through the cards and pull the JD out of the deck. But instead, when I turned the deck over, the JD was the bottom card. Everyone flipped out, and it should not have happened. Another one is when performing DRESSCODE. My presentation is when someone names a color out loud, and the shirt changes into that color. Well I got lucky, because the spectator named my force color the first time. It brought up the reactions to a whole new level. Has a similar experience happened to you? Tell us about it! I know people would love to hear it!

Haha do you know that i had to off my com after reading this cause i'm going out? Then i reached forr my deckONE to bring it along with me and when i opened it the jack of diamonds was the bottom card. XD

Jul 13, 2009
Edmonton, Canada
I have one lucky moment ... i was more amazed actually, i finished doing a card trick at school and i had to hide a double in my pocket while performing. I got to my final class that day and decided to put the card back in the deck, i took the card out and one guy saw the card, i looked at him while holding the card ... face towards me. I was just messing around with him ... because he knows i do "crazy" card tricks, so

I said : "Name any card"
He responded "Nine"
Me: "Nine of what"
Him: "Diamond"

I was so freaking lucky i couldn't believe it cuz that was the double, i turned it over smashed it on the table. Some friends who also are card magic learners and performs once in a while were dumbfounded. They were like "how did you do that", i whispered "I have no idea" ...

Mar 15, 2011
I do a trick that involves me spinning a chosen card outta the deck. Once a spectator named the bottom card, so I spun it out of the deck caught it and had that wonderful little moment of suspense before I turned it over and revealed it to them, Ive considered switching the whole trick so it works like that heh

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results